“Always amazing”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Derby Street
Description: 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar is a modern Italian restaurant and Wine Bar serving contemporary versions of rustic Italian cuisine in downtown Salem. Chef Antonio Bettencourt and his team are dedicated to using the best locally-sourced, all natural ingredients in season and at the peak of flavor. The cooking at 62 shows true soul and a dedication to the “craft” of cooking. 62 is perfect for the wine lover. Our List showcases the wines of the world chosen especially to match our original and distinctive cuisine. Our cool and seductive bar and lounge are the perfect setting to start your night with one of our signature cocktails and martinis which feature fresh juices and house made purees. Relax and enjoy our full menu or just sample our Antipasti or handmade pastas while sipping one of our daring cocktails.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

When my family has a special occasion 62 Restaurant is where we go. It is a local gem. Tuesday was my husband's 60th birthday and we took our son to celebrate this momentous occasion. We all ordered different appetizers,main courses and desserts and each bite was a treat. From the squash blossoms filled with crab,to the grilled calamari cooked to perfection,to our home-made pasta dishes and finally the desserts. The desserts stand out for me as I have spent my life as a pastry chef so it is really how I judge a restaurant. The warm fruit croustade with home vanilla bean ice cream to the toffee pudding each mouthful was a delight. Please do not go here if your idea of Italian food is spaghetti and meatballs. Go here if you want a chef owned restaurant that pays attention to details.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Service was very good but the 2nd time at this restaurant was disappointing. Order the cod fish and a chicken. Right after dinner my wife was filling pucky and I was burping the fish. This morning wife pucked all the dinner and I still burping the fish. I wonder the freshness of there food and how
it is handled and so on in the kitchen. Personnaly this restaurant is out of my list. VERY DISSAPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank c k
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a lovely meal tonight which exceeded our expectations. My husband had a starter of Arancini which were crunchy on the outside and tasty on the inside, I had the grilled asparagus, normally a side, it was a large serving and very nice.This my husband followed with the appetiser of Gnochi, with beef short rib, simple and delicious. There was a bit of a mix up with the fish and I ended up with the cod rather than the sole, the waitress apologised and offered to change the whole dish but on tasting the cod I was more than happy to stay with it. We then finished with the Toffee pudding with caramel sauce which we had with vanilla gelati instead of the whipped cream on offer. All in all a simple but well executed meal,with good service as well

1  Thank Poppybess
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I wish this restaurant had a full liquor license year round, but the wine list is strong. When they do, I enjoy having a martini at the lovely bar. The homemade pasta is out of this world. I recently had a dish, which was wonderful,topped with a pouched egg inside a ravioli.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The food is mediocre at best. My wife used to work here when she was in collage and she recommended it. Unfortunately there might be a new chef. We were both super disappointed. The appetizer wasn't very good and the main course tasted like garbage. She ordered the lamb and I order the swordfish. Her lamb tasted like pure salt and the swordfish was swimming in olive oil. Both of is had such bad stomach aches that we had to call it a night after dinner. There are so many less expensive better tasting places in town.