“Great surprise”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Derby Street
Description: 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar is a modern Italian restaurant and Wine Bar serving contemporary versions of rustic Italian cuisine in downtown Salem. Chef Antonio Bettencourt and his team are dedicated to using the best locally-sourced, all natural ingredients in season and at the peak of flavor. The cooking at 62 shows true soul and a dedication to the “craft” of cooking. 62 is perfect for the wine lover. Our List showcases the wines of the world chosen especially to match our original and distinctive cuisine. Our cool and seductive bar and lounge are the perfect setting to start your night with one of our signature cocktails and martinis which feature fresh juices and house made purees. Relax and enjoy our full menu or just sample our Antipasti or handmade pastas while sipping one of our daring cocktails.
Reviewed February 13, 2014

An unplanned visit to Salem Mass. ended in an awesome dinner
with great service. I have to say I enjoyed my GF's pasta better then my pork but both were great. The service was pleasant and she paired our wine perfectly with what we were both having for dinner.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Usually check out tripadvisor reviews before going someplace but didn't get chance to before heading out. Read the terrible and poor reviews as I was writing this review. Not sure where some of those people ate. And loved the comment that Salem people don't know what good food tastes like. Talk about obnoxious. But enough negativity. We were out with my sister and brother in law. We arrived very early and we're asked to wait in the bar. Nice seating for pre dinner drinks. The bar itself was wide and had tv on for playoffs. Our waitress was prompt and brought us all menus. When we told her we were waiting for our table she never broke her smile. We then chose a nice Barolo from a very complete and not very pricey wine menu. Waitress informed us there were two more bottles some wouldn't need to switch during dinner (nice touch).
We were the moved to our table. The menu has many but not too many choices. All small plates could be expanded to entrees. Meatballs were delicious (secret was the ricotta in the mix). Also the arancini (fried risotto balls (that's my description in theirs :-))) was delightful and the tuna was damn fine too. Then it was on to my duck breast, mushroom ravioli, pesce soup and pasta dish for entrees. All comments were it was delicious. Topped it all of with cappachino tiramisu and hazelnut gelato. All tickled the taste buds. Add great, friendly and very attentive service and the entire experience was great. There are many good restaurants in Salem. 62 is a must add to your lists of places to try. We had a great evening!

1  Thank Rick A
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were recently in Salem for 'Christmas in Salem' and the 62 Restaurant was near our hotel and where we were walking. We made a great choice! We had a wonderful meal - a better meal than I have had in a long time. We both got various pasta dishes and they were simply awesome! The bread was homemade and we highly recommend the cauliflower appetizer. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable of the wines the restaurant served, the dinners and their portions and was simply excellent. I would recommend the 62 Restaurant and would certainly return!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We went there this past week and the place is great! A perfect date night. Prices were a bit high but it was well worth it! We enjoyed every bite. The service was great as well! We highly recommend 62.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went here for the first time while on our annual family vacation to Salem. My wife and I really enjoyed it. The ambience is great. Our waiter was fantastic. He really took the time to explain everything for us. The menu is really different and while we liked it very much the kids had a hard time finding something they liked. We had a delicious wine we had never tried before. I will definitely go back but as a date night with my wife.