“Unpleasant Experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, American, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Derby Street
Description: 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar is a modern Italian restaurant and Wine Bar serving contemporary versions of rustic Italian cuisine in downtown Salem. Chef Antonio Bettencourt and his team are dedicated to using the best locally-sourced, all natural ingredients in season and at the peak of flavor. The cooking at 62 shows true soul and a dedication to the “craft” of cooking. 62 is perfect for the wine lover. Our List showcases the wines of the world chosen especially to match our original and distinctive cuisine. Our cool and seductive bar and lounge are the perfect setting to start your night with one of our signature cocktails and martinis which feature fresh juices and house made purees. Relax and enjoy our full menu or just sample our Antipasti or handmade pastas while sipping one of our daring cocktails.
Revere, Massachusetts
“Unpleasant Experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am going out of my way to say that I would not recommend this place...here's why,
it was my 50th b day and my hubby took me to this restaurant.
To make a long story short, the appetizers were just ok at best, the rest of the meal we both sent back and the entire wait staff humiliated us! I was horrified! We left and were told never to return! We went to the the Grapevine and the owner took good care of us there! There was a couple sitting at the bar and said they could not believe the rudeness of the staff and owner of 62. They actually felt bad for us!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dawn P

Harrisburg, PA
“What a Let Down”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

As I always do, I research the city that I am going to visit...getting good ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner, both low and high end. 62 Restaurant was top on my high end list. The reviews were amazing AND they had Hot Sticky Toffee Pudding...one of my favorite sweets on earth. I've been searching for a great toffee pudding in the states and have yet to find it. (nothing compares to Edinburgh's Worlds End pudding).

Appetizers including Polpette (beef, pork & ricotta meatballs with pomodoro over soft polenta) which my boyfriend said tasted like Lean Cuisine meatballs that had been sitting too long and Chick Pea Fritters, which were fine but totally unforgettable.

Entrees included Tortelli di Zucca Chestnut pasta stuffed with butternut squash, tossed with pears, chestnuts & sage. Again, fine, but totally "eh". The sage was great, I must say. The boyfriend had Pappardelle al Cinghiale Pappardelle tossed with a ragu of wild boar and rosemary. Totally forgettable and nothing special...total let down...nothing that made him say "Oh, that was great!"

Now the most disappointing aspect. As soon as I SAW the Warm Toffee Pudding I knew it wasn't right. It was wayyyyyyyyy over sauced which made it toooo treacle(y) sweet and the cake was totally drowned. Omigawd, I was sooo sad. This dessert gets so may fantastic reviews. It's quite obvious that this may have been the first toffee pudding they ever had. Toffee pudding should not be drowning in sauce. It totally overpowered the cake...might as well not have even had the cake involved. I felt let down.

Over all, our meal was over expensive for "eh/blah" food. We should have just gone to the Lobster Shanty where we know the food is great.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Delightful evening!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

From the first sips of a nice bottle of wine, through to a delicious selection of scrumptious desserts, 62 provided an evening without flaw. Our party of four were graciously seated and served in an intimate yet innovative dining room. The menu, although at first glance, seemed small, really offers a wide range of options from pastas, to seafood, to duck and meet dishes. The food was fresh and creatively prepared, and the staff responded well to our requests throughout the night. Thank you for a lovely night of dining -- and to all, we encourage you to enjoy this place as well!

• Visited December 2012
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“I Love Homemade Pasta!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Having lived in Italy, I can appreciate "genuine" food. This is it! Great menu. It is too easy to order more than you can eat. We didn't have dessert so no info there. The house wines are very good and reasonably priced. Service was as good as the food. Very pleasant atmosphere but some tables are too close to the servers' paths so if you can, chose your table. Occasionally it gets noisy so beware tables with lots of people. Otherwise it is quiet and romantic. Definitely a "return to" place.

• Visited November 2012
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Delicous meal, a special occasion or I really deserve wonderful food today restaurant”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We are locals and were walking in Pickering Wharf looking for a place to eat and found the 62. 1st impression, I was hesitant, atmosphere at first glance did seem sterile and the menu a bit pricy. My hesitancy vanished along with with the best Limoncella Martini I have ever enjoyed. The short rib over potato gnocchi was divine. The portion was small but I was full and satisfied when done. My husband had the scallops and they were delicious. They were listed in the pasta section and he was at a loss to find the pasta but did enjoy his meal very much. I had a glass of the house cabernet with my meal and it was very good. The chocolate dessert was wonderful with our espresso. This was an excellent dining experience and worth every $. The chef is wonderful and you can taste the care in every thing the kitchen sends out. Service was very good, food presentation excellent and we found our table in the corner cozy and comfortable.

• Visited November 2012