“All natural ingredients with a delightful atmosphere!!”
Review of 62 Restaurant and Wine Bar - CLOSED

62 Restaurant and Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Derby Street
Description: 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar is a modern Italian restaurant and Wine Bar serving contemporary versions of rustic Italian cuisine in downtown Salem. Chef Antonio Bettencourt and his team are dedicated to using the best locally-sourced, all natural ingredients in season and at the peak of flavor. The cooking at 62 shows true soul and a dedication to the “craft” of cooking. 62 is perfect for the wine lover. Our List showcases the wines of the world chosen especially to match our original and distinctive cuisine. Our cool and seductive bar and lounge are the perfect setting to start your night with one of our signature cocktails and martinis which feature fresh juices and house made purees. Relax and enjoy our full menu or just sample our Antipasti or handmade pastas while sipping one of our daring cocktails.
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Charming restuarant at Pickering Wharf, Salem, MA. This was our first visit and it will not be our last. Restuarant is small and inviting. Our waitress was exceptional, both helpful and friendly (Anny). All pastas are made on the premises and 62 only uses locally-sourced and all natural ingredients. 62 has an extensive wine list from around the world, the Chianti Classico from Tuscany, Italy was served at the perfect temperature, something other rest. have a problem doing. For appetizers the list makes it hard to select - we chose the Chickpea Fritters with date compote and the Vitello Tonnato (Slow roasted sliced veal with pickled red onions & tuna & caper aioli.
The Arugula Salad is a must with proscuito, almonds, dates & sherry vinegrette.
For an Entree we had the Beef w/herb pesto, grilled red onions & roasted potatoes. Everything was cooked to perfection. Save room for the Warm Toffee Pudding with toffee sauce & whipped cream. 62 deserves a 5star but I gave it a 4 star because I felt the sodium could be cut back a little. I will request less sodium for myself on my next visit!!

2  Thank bobmarg

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We just had dinner at 62 and it was wonderful - everything was over the top good, and Emily our waitress was outstanding and knowledgeable about the wines and the various ingredients in the dishes - and our water glasses were constantly being filled. We will definitely go back and brings friends -worth the money!

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Terrible service for the price we paid. I didn't enjoy the unpronounceable food. The waitstaff was rude.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We went here after flying into Logan on a Saturday night. I was looking for a light dinner and with the small plates that are offered here, you can get just that.

I had an arugula salad that was tasty and we split a few dishes across the table and most of them were really good. The one that stood out was the garganelli with duck and cherries. There was a lot of duck in the dish, so it was more than just duck flavored pasta. The arancini was also tasty. However, the veal pasta dish wasn't quite as strong.

For desert, the sticky toffee pudding was a great way to end a meal here.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I liked that 62 has your traditional steaks & seafood, but they also have creative dishes which my adventurous husband loved like pork belly which was very meaty, sweetbread (pancreas) which I didn't eat but husband loved, and unique desserts.

The location was quite quaint -- ocean front but not on the waters. The whole experience felt very intimate or romantic. Enjoyed it very much and would go again.