“No need for a witch or wizard spell to enjoy a wonderful meal at the Grapevine Restaurant in Salem MA”
Review of Grapevine Restaurant - CLOSED

Grapevine Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Derby Street
Transit: Bus #450, 451, 455, 456, 459, 465 are all with in walking distance as well as the commuter rail on the Newburyport/ Rockport Line
Description: The Grapevine would like to invite you to a genuinely unique experience. A newly opened Mediterranean kitchen & wine bar, the Grapevine brings together old world values and a new world vision. Chef Frederick Feliz has been with The Grapevine for three years and passionately creates exceptional Mediterranean fare with an emphasis on local ingredients and slow food.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

An 'enchanted' menu and wine list ( magical cocktails also) at the Grapevine in Salem. You have the option of dining in the cozy bar or one of three dining rooms tastefully decorated as well as outside dining on patio with a water view!
Menu offers a variety of beef, chicken, pasta, seafood, salads and 'wicked' desserts. I loved the choice of a large or small plate when choosing appetizer, salad and entree. It allows you to enjoy all 3 courses and perhaps dessert.
Service was top notch and all in all worth visiting!!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went to this restaurant with two friends. We were given the choice of eating on the patio and it was lovely. We ordered the scallops, the salmon and the ravioli and all were very good.

The patio faces the South River with a fence to shut off most of the road. It was not "scenic",as the view across the water was of buildings, but one of us remarked that the presence of water always raises the experience.

The waitresses were nice, knowledgeable and seemed to know when to appear with water or ask if we needed more of anything. We stayed talking quite a while after the dishes were cleared without feeling any pressure to leave.

1  Thank SalSal_Salem
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my dinner at Grapevine. The food was bold and inventive, prepared perfectly, and was complemented by a friendly and very well-trained staff. The ambience was lovely, but not too romantic for a diner alone (I'm not going to let my husband's business travel keep me from enjoying a nice dinner out!). I loved loved loved everything about this place and would recommend it without reservation.

1  Thank IzziGirlAbroad
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have thought about trying this place for awhile and finally did last week. I'm so glad that we did and will definitely be back. Our waiter (Shane B.) was knowledgeable and very genuine. He did not rush us at all, timed the meal perfectly and even gave us a tour of the back patio before we left. (We will definitely be back to eat outside some evening.) The food was impeccably presented and absolutely delicious. We also has a couple lovely cocktails and glasses of wine. All of this at a totally reasonable price. The owner (Harry) also came over and talked with us for awhile, which was great. Check this place out!

1  Thank DPC2013
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Grapevine is under new ownership, and we were curious to see whether there had been many changes. The short answer is that the menu has been overhauled, but the food remains excellent, and reasonably priced. We ate outside and in good weather I recommend that. We will certainly be back.

One further note: Parking in Salem can sometimes be tricky, but Grapevine has its own lot.

1  Thank Mark P