“Excellent!!!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Derby Street
Transit: Bus #450, 451, 455, 456, 459, 465 are all with in walking distance as well as the commuter rail on the Newburyport/ Rockport Line
Description: The Grapevine would like to invite you to a genuinely unique experience. A newly opened Mediterranean kitchen & wine bar, the Grapevine brings together old world values and a new world vision. Chef Frederick Feliz has been with The Grapevine for three years and passionately creates exceptional Mediterranean fare with an emphasis on local ingredients and slow food.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a small and cozy place with creative cuisine and excellent service! It is a spot for locals and one visit will tell you why...the atmosphere is warm and friendly, the bar is great with an excellent wine selection, and the food is amazing...the aroma as soon as you walk through the door will convince you that you made the right decision! Great spot to celebrate a special occasion and the outside patio is really nice in the summer!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We order the flatiron steak. It was not tasty to us, was somewhat tough and expensive. It would have been so nice to have been offered a smaller portion at a more reasonable price. I could not eat what I got and was not local so could not take it home. The steaks I get at Outback are far superior.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Exellent menu and someplace you can linger. There have been a couple of times we sat at the bar(didnt have a res and restaurant was full) and we not only had a wonderful dinner, but we were entertained. You can plan on it though, as it seems to be a place where locals go, which is a sure sign of a restaurant with a positive repeat performance

Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Great place for a special night out. Staff was great , food amazing

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have friends living in Salem, MA and everytime I visit I insist we eat at the Grapevine! To be honest I don't have to twist their arms, its a real favourite. The staff are warm and friendly the food is terrific! The menu is creaitve and the place has a really nice local feel to it. On this visit I had the pre-fixe menu and it was incredible value for money $25 for 3 courses, perfect portion size, subtle and clever flavourings and probably the best chocolate mouse I've eaten!
10 out of 10 as always for this place, if you have not been yet then please please do go, its a real gem of a place!