“Awesome food ,excellent service, great atmosphere”
Review of Brodies Seaport

Brodies Seaport
Ranked #35 of 232 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City
“Awesome food ,excellent service, great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

On our recent trip to Salem we stopped into the Seaport Cafe for some grub and I have to say it was a great experience. Katelyn our server was most pleasant and attentive to our needs. The food was delicious to say the least...especially the chowdah. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice place to sit down and have an excellent meal,as well as an all around nice experience. The prices are right, and the portions are generous. Good end to a busy day seeing all the sights.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the black and blue steak special. The steak had no taste, and was over cooked. I had to ask for salt and pepper, the wait staff needs to be more at tentative to diners. I wish there was A-1 sauce or ketchup available. I should have gone to MC Donald's.

1 Thank Paulskip
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went here for dinner..I didn't really like any of the choices on the menu but my partner said she read really good reviews..I tried the chicken chowder which was not good at all..the dark pinkish meat was the highlight..my partner liked the chowder..we sat looking at the menu for over 10 mins and decided to try the cape cod..its a wrap, turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, cranberries, relish and mayo..I didn't want relish and my partner did..well when we got the wraps they only had turkey lettuce and tomato..I was so hungry we tried eating it..gross and dry..I would not recommend this place at all..the waitress was really sweet..that's the only good thing I can say

1 Thank papsj
Washington DC
“Casual inviting friendly restaurant.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A casual inviting friendly restaurant. For appetizer, we tried the fried clams (ok- a little under seasoned) and a good clam chowder. Also had a great lobster roll and the special-of-the-day shrimp which were good. They have a young and eager wait staff- ours was very friendly, helpful, answered all our questions, and described and recommended drinks we've never had before. The prices are reasonable also.

Salem, Massachusetts
“Poor Service”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The food is satisfactory but I would not call it great. While the fish in the fish and chips is fresh, other appetizers appear frozen, fast cooked.

The service unfortunately all four times I have been there has been very slow. From ordering drinks to food, outside patio, inside bar or inside dining, the service is painfully slow. The last time we went (that will be our last time), we ended up leaving after a drink because it took 20 minutes to get our drinks (and we actually ended up picking them up ourselves at the bat).

I also observed seating blocking a fire door....

2 Thank David L

Been to Brodies Seaport? Share your experiences!