“Don't waste your money”

Dining options: Late Night
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went here for dinner..I didn't really like any of the choices on the menu but my partner said she read really good reviews..I tried the chicken chowder which was not good at all..the dark pinkish meat was the highlight..my partner liked the chowder..we sat looking at the menu for over 10 mins and decided to try the cape cod..its a wrap, turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, cranberries, relish and mayo..I didn't want relish and my partner did..well when we got the wraps they only had turkey lettuce and tomato..I was so hungry we tried eating it..gross and dry..I would not recommend this place at all..the waitress was really sweet..that's the only good thing I can say

1 Thank papsj

Washington DC
“Casual inviting friendly restaurant.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A casual inviting friendly restaurant. For appetizer, we tried the fried clams (ok- a little under seasoned) and a good clam chowder. Also had a great lobster roll and the special-of-the-day shrimp which were good. They have a young and eager wait staff- ours was very friendly, helpful, answered all our questions, and described and recommended drinks we've never had before. The prices are reasonable also.

Salem, Massachusetts
“Poor Service”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The food is satisfactory but I would not call it great. While the fish in the fish and chips is fresh, other appetizers appear frozen, fast cooked.

The service unfortunately all four times I have been there has been very slow. From ordering drinks to food, outside patio, inside bar or inside dining, the service is painfully slow. The last time we went (that will be our last time), we ended up leaving after a drink because it took 20 minutes to get our drinks (and we actually ended up picking them up ourselves at the bat).

I also observed seating blocking a fire door....

2 Thank David L
Los Angeles
“Another lucky find!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Decided to stop by here while walking thru Salem and it turned out to be a great choice. Had the Scallop and Bacon pizza with alfredo sauce and it was excellent. Always like it when the owner comes up to ask how the food is.

Hawthorne, New Jersey
“Great food & friendly service”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I had a late lunch at the Seaport Cafe on a Tuesday afternoon. Our server Todd was very friendly and helpful with the menu. I wanted to try the lobster mac and cheese but was worried about the portion size since it was late in the afternoon and we had dinner plans. He checked with the chef and they were able to make a smaller portion for a lower price - very accommodating. We also tried the black & tan onion rings which were DELICIOUS. The Guinness sauce they serve with the rings was out of this world. My husband had the lobster roll which he really enjoyed. We spoiled our appetites for our dinner, but it was worth it! The food was all really yummy.
Todd asked what our plans were while we were in town and he offered us some tips and suggestions, which we really appreciated. I'm glad we popped into this little spot.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank LaurenM25

Been to Brodies Seaport? Share your experiences!