“a fun and unique way to see salem”
Review of Witch City Segway

Witch City Segway
Ranked #13 of 30 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the Salem Heritage Trail in the heart of historic downtown, Witch City Segway is Salem's original Segway tour company. Providing guided tours of our quaint New England town, WCS truly is a new way to see an old city. Guests are provided with free parking at our shop, where you'll receive a helmet and a Segway before being trained by our guides inside our 2000sq ft facility. We then Segway about our charming streets learning about our maritime history, Nathanial Hawthorne, and of course, the (in)famous Witch Trials of 1692! Friendly, personal, interactive tours are our specialty, and a great bonding experience for teens and parents! Witch City Segway: A Wicca'd Fun™ time!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“a fun and unique way to see salem”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband and I took the tour on our way to Boston for the 4th of July weekend. We had never been to Salem and the whole purpose of us stopping there was to do the tour, as I had saw it online and thought that it looked like a lot of fun. When I told my husband that I had booked the tour he said to me "there is no way that you will be able to ride a segway for 2 hours" He happens to think I am not the most athletic person in the world. I had some doubts myself (not that I let him know that) but once you get the hang of it it is really fun and easy. Sarah and Brad gave our tour and they were really informative and friendly. We had a great time and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of going.

Visited July 2011

Medfield, Massachusetts
“Fun for All Ages”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful time on our Segway tour of Salem. Jeff and Brad could not have been better at offering us a fun, safe, and informative two hours. Their friendly and welcoming personalities brought together the three groups of two. Chatting with the other riders added to the enjoyment of the afternoon.
There was a nice mix of history and picturesque surroundings. I would highly recommend this tour!

Visited July 2011
Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“lots of laughs, lots of fun”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We (family ranging from age 25-68) did this unique tour through salem for my mother's 60th birthday. Brad and Jeff were great guides and immediately put us all at ease. As soon as we stepped on the Segways for our lesson before hitting the town, we just couldn't stop laughing. It was a great way to see Salem and I'd recommend it to any group/family who are up for some fun!

Visited May 2011
Stoughton, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Most unique and exciting family outing ever!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

What do you do with 4 adventure loving kids aged 15 to 26 and their parents that's sure to grab everyone's attention? How about a tour of historic Salem, MA on Segways? Everyone agreed that this was the most exciting and fun trip ever. It was actually a surprise I brewed up for the family and as my 17 year old son said, "Mom, you really nailed this one, it was awesome!".
After a training session on how to safely drive a segway with a good dose of laughs mixed in, we practiced in the warehouse area until we gained our confidence. Then out to the roads. Between the frequent stops where our guide gave historical and hysterical descriptions of what were were looking at we zoomed over street and sidewalk completely mesmerized by the art of segwaying. In a few places we could go full throttle (12.5 mph) which for the guys was definitely the highlight of the trip.
The guides had all the patience in the world to answer our questions about the machines and the town, and snap pictures wherever we wanted. We felt they really geared the tour to us and made sure that we had a blast.
If you're visiting Salem definitely do not miss this opportunity. And if you're not in Salem make a plan to go there. This was a fantastic family outing!

Visited May 2011
Hopkinton, MA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Unique way to see a city.-super fun”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

What a great idea to see Salem on a segway. I felt comfortable almost immediately. Jeff and Brad were wonderful guides. I loved the history. Brian loved the adventure. Really something for everyone. I would highly recommend.