“Oh My Goodness!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Description: New Mexican cuisine
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was the greatest Mexican food we have ever had! It is authentic, fantastic portion sizes, and great selection! Our waiter was amazing, he knew the menu and the food. He was able to not only give us suggestions but some substitutions to enhance the meal...A+++ Can not wait to go back again!

1  Thank DanelleJenkins

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just a short walk from the main parking garage (next to the museum), this restaurant surprised us with some of the best Tex-Mex we had in a while (north of Texas). The good food was matched by friendly and fast service and reasonable prices. I bet we'll go there again next time we are in Salem.

1  Thank ah1208
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This casual dining spot in downtown Salem is a favorite with my 16 and 12 year old. The party vibe, help yourself to your own soda and freshly-prepared burritos make dinner feel festive. The wait can be pretty long but the food is worth the wait. The guacamole is always freshly made. The margaritas are good as well-- just don't expect a frozen one. They have no blenders.

1  Thank CaraMHutchins
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Howling Wolf is located on Lafayette street in downtown Salem across from the old Firehouse. The food is AWESOME and the staff was fantastic. There is outdoor seating if you prefer. I do, because I like to people watch. I love the salsa and the Taquitos. The appetizer portions are generous< and the entree's are excellent. I had a Big Bad Wolf cocktail, and it was fantastic. If you are in downtown Salem, I highly reccomend checking this place out. If you go and you have John as your server, tell the management to give him a raise! He deserves it. Be carefull around Holloween because the city is PACKED at that time and would be tough to get there. Burritos are excellent, WAIT, EVERYTHING we had was excellent..

1  Thank k_inertia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Howling Wolf almost makes you feel you are in Tijuana with all the vivid color and decorations. The service was stupendous and the day we went they were very busy. Good location downtown near the central fire station. Parking is dicey. Clean and the tables are not crowded together. Very loud; poor acoustics.
My friends had the steak burritos which were large and good tasting. The chili verde was unshredded, big chunks of pork and extremely fatty, which surprised me. The sauce was delicious, however. There is a choice of beans, which were good. The quality of the chili verde alone would make me reluctant to recommend this restaurant; others have told me that they didn't think the food was very authentic.

Been to Howling Wolf Taqueria? Share your experiences!