“solid food”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Description: New Mexican cuisine
Reviewed April 27, 2013

solid food I love this place and the food is great, the place can be overwhelming pack at time but definitively a place to go.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great place to eat! we stoped in for dinner, by the people waiting outside the door we know it had to be good, and it was, the portions were large the food was really really good,, the drink selection was huge, they even show how much each drink is on the menu, i really liked that, no surprises,, service was fast and friendly, one of our favorite places whilel in Salem. the atmosphere was fun, so if your looking for a quiet dinner maybe this is not the place for you. i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for good food good drinks at a good price.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Howling Wolf is a great restaurant. The food is always fresh, fast, and cheap. I am from Texas, so I know a thing or two about Mexican food, and even though this is New Mexican food it is amazing. The staff is always friendly. This place has really become popular since they were shown on Phantom Gourmet, and TV Diner. If you come to Salem you have to try the Howling Wolf Taqueria.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Many choices of tequila too choose from as well as tequila drinks. Sat at the bar and the bartender was very friendly. Offered free snacks + great tequila drink. Very clean establishment.

1  Thank romig108
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Being an Okie and very picky about what I consider "good" mexican food, I have to say they almost pull it off. The Fajita Chicken Quesadillas where stuffed full of chicken and cheese along with pablano peppers. Very good flavor and nice portion size. I have two negatives, one..it tastes like the refried beans are from a can and the wait staff is not that attentive. We ordered queso which was delivered promptly but the chips showed up way to late, the queso had cooled off. We asked a passing employee if we could get some chips, his response was a simple "I'll tell your server". Then he proceeded to walk around the dining room with his hand in his pockets whistling! Thank goodness a passing young lady over heard us and promptly brought them to our table. I think if the service had been better I would have given the place a little higher rating over all.

Been to Howling Wolf Taqueria? Share your experiences!