“Great place for dining and meeting with friends”

Howling Wolf Taqueria
Ranked #12 of 234 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Description: New Mexican cuisine
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place for dining and meeting with friends”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I go to this establishment with my friends for lunch frequently. the atmosphere is nice and the service is excellent. Not only is the service excellent, the prices are as well.

• Visited October 2012

Hamilton, New Jersey
“Nice Mexican food in Salem, MA”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate at this restaurant over the weekend. My oldest daughter is a vegetarian and they had many options for her to choose. The service was quick and courteous. The food was very good and plentiful. They also had a variety of Mexican sodas.I would return.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Disappointing, will not return.”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I love Mexican food, and have eaten all over Mexico and been to my fair share of Mexican restaurants in the United States. This is probably the most flavorless Mexican food I've ever had. I'd take Taco Bell over this. It is spicy, but no flavor. I had high hopes for the salsa but didn't care for it. I ordered one Taco Al Pasor which is supposed to be pork, lime, pineapple, cilantro, and onion. All I could really taste was onion. I think the first bite was complete onion. The flour tortilla was good though. I also ordered the Chile Colorado enchilada. The re-fried beans looked like they had been sitting awhile, flavorless rice. The enchiladas had a ton of cheese on them which I normally enjoy but these had way too much grease. The meat inside was spicy but flavorless. Overall just not good all around. And the waiter while attentive, he was a little overbearing. I will not return. The only good thing about this place is that it is located next to Green Leaf so you know you'll get a good dessert.

boston
“Feed the Wolf”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Now that summer is winding down and you can find parking in Salem and you like Mexican you will love the Howlin Wolf. Be prepared to eat superior cooked just right Fajitas, Taquitos, and salsa & chip(on the house). 76 LaFayette St. across from the Fire station.

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went to this place not really knowing what to expect. Most mexican style restaurants in this area are chains or upscale. This place was awesome.
Drinks: average prices, above average pour. They weren't watered or juiced down and you could actually catch a buzz from their cocktails.
Food: Flavorful, big portion (on a burrito anyway) and inexpensive.
Atmosphere: fun and upbeat.

The place was great. I could see it getting cramped on a busy weekend night, but most places do and the food and drinks are well worth it!

1 Thank Rachelle G

Been to Howling Wolf Taqueria? Share your experiences!