“Part of the package”

and up
Day Trip From Boston to Salem in Luxury Rolls Royce Ghost
Ranked #36 of 84 things to do in Salem
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went to three linked sites (Witch Dungeon Museum, Pirate Museum and the Witch History Museum) The live interpreters we had were very good - I know that others have not rated this attraction very highly, but we enjoyed the attraction, and the price was right.

The interpreters that we had on our visit day were actually very good, and we did learn more about the witch history and witch trials of 1692. That was the primary purpose of our visit, and we were not disappointed.

Overall - well worth the money, and the time we spent here.

All reviews
"visiting salem"
"period"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

A local had actually told us to go to the Salem Witch Museum, but we made a mistake and ended up at this place. To be fair, we were given some good information as we walked around the old school looking displays. I can see how many wouldn't think much of it, but I chose to make the most of it and listen to the story and take in the scenes before us. So overall I feel like I did get a good insight into the witch trial past. Most of all I was happy our guide seemed just as enthusiastic with the 4 of us, as he probably would have been with many more people. I do think the place could do with a bit of a revamp however, just to keep with the times, and to stay in competition with their competitors.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Please don't waste your money on this. You sit in an old church as a "spooky" intimidating narrator tells the tale and different scenes of badly made mannequins are lighted. Then an out-of-work actress over-dramatically tells you how midwives and women healers were scapegoated and persecuted as witches. Dahl! Tell me something I didn't know.

2  Thank Macsam3
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Dont waste your $9 per person. You'll watch a poorly done monologue presentation by a homely employee playing a puritan of the time " tour guide". After the "presentation" you'll go down to the basement where you see a bunch of creepy mannequins arranged in scenes depicting the story of the witch hunts back then. Each scene has a pre-recorded voice over narration and it very cheeply done overall. It is beyong LAME and you dont glean anything new or of interest from it. It's a complete waste of valuable tourism light. Rent the crucible and buy yourself an ice cream instead.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Having never been to Salem before I was surprised that there really was nothing to see that was directly related to the witch trials. This attraction is a little hooky but it was fun. I knew what I was getting into by the time I got there so I wasn't disappointed. In this age of computer animation this felt a bit dated, but that gave it a charming feel.