“Witch History Museum” 4 of 5 bubbles

65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Witch History Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was educational. The staff tells you about the people accused and hanged (while walking past mannequin scenes). My kids (11 & 13) didn't know the stories of Salem so they found it to be interesting.

Dover, New Hampshire
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“It wasn't awful but it wasn't great either.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

You get what you pay for sometimes. At $8 per adult I wasn't expecting much. The "museum" itself was a guided tour in the basement complete with creepy and outdated mannequins. The first room you go into before the tour starts has some large pictures of sites on the walls with explanations under them, I found these to be more interesting than the scenes portrayed in the basement. It wasn't the worst experience but now I can say I went to a witch museum and blew a little money on it. The entire tour lasted less than 20 minutes.

Miami, Florida, United States
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Normal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I think this location may need an update,
The tour guide kept getting stuck on his history and seemed confused at times.
This should be a self guided tour were you just press the buttons, boring

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheap waste of time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Hosts were rude and didnt have a clue about what they were talking about. Guy in the gift shop glared at me the entire time and made me feel uncomfortable. Tour was cheesy beyond belief with mannequins from the 50s. Just a horrible experience.

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Well, it was unique”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

So very very hokey. But I think I don't regret that we went to the witch history museum, because the tour guide was just trying so hard and was so positive that I'm glad there were a few of us (15?) in attendance. I am fairly certain that some of the "facts" presented have long been disproven, and in general I do not think that it is a huge problem, except: the claim that the accusers were influenced by titbuba, and the way the recorded reenactment portrayed her, are borderline (or over the borderline) offensive. The mannequin that appears to have been painted black doesn't help. Also, the displays are so very old that the dust in there was giving my asthma meds a run for their money.

Visited September 2013