“Leanne is the best !”

Hex: Old World Witchery
Ranked #2 of 54 Shopping in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Salem Warlock Christian Day presents magical merchandise for both the curious and Witch alike. Whether you want a candle to bless your home, herbs and roots to make your own magic, a potion to attract love, the perfect ritual tool, a Voodoo doll made by a real practitioner, or to cast a spell at our authentic Witches' Altar, Hex is for those who believe in magic and those whose hearts beat with its fire.Be sure to visit our Witches' Altar of the Dead that stands at the Western wall of the shop. Here, countless visitors through the years have left messages, photos, and mementos in honor of departed loved ones in the spirit world. We welcome you to contribute to the magic!And, while there, have an authentic psychic reading with one of Salem's most talented Witches: Leanne Marrama, Laura Broderick, and Kyri Spencer!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Leanne's readings are well accurate and on the dot. She greets you like an old friend and gives you an insight of what you are going thru and what's to come. As well as best advice for situations to come. She will read your energy even before you sit and know what going on.

5  Thank Oswald1977
"essex street"
"candles"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had one of the best, if not the best reading by Leanne Marrama, without even using the tarot as a guide she read me, and said things that only I knew, I simply just sat there smiling in "awe" blinked my eyes and asked her "how do you do that?" I absolutely loved it, & left so full of positive energy, I could run a marathon!! Loved it, it's a must with every visit to Salem, Ma to stop by Hex and see the beautifully gifted Leanne!

5  Thank Regina T
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This store has always had everything I need for my practice. The fact that the previous review speaks of all 'Wicca' shops, proves
Her ignorance at what witchcraft is. This is.a wonderful shop with informed, helpful, friendly people. Thank you all for being yourselves.

5  Thank putian40
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I ALWAY go to Hex many times during my visits to Salem. I was last there in March 2013. I have so many products and supplies from Hex and I love them all. Cannot wait to try the new candles that Kyri makes there. Next month I will be buying more amazing product. I love the feel of Hex, how it looks, and everyone who works there. Leanne is my go to reader. Michele at the counter is great. Christian, who owns Hex, has done a fabulous job! Keep it up :)

4  Thank KarenDeGennaro
See more reviews
Reviewed July 21, 2013

What's amazing, to this humble reviewer, about Hex is that, as a non-witch (but, admittedly, someone who considers himself in "tune" with the spirit world), I could feel the "magick" in the air within Hex. One need not spend a lot of money here to enjoy the atmosphere and, even at the very least, pay respects to departed loved ones (humans and animals alike) at the alter of the dead.
The staff is helpful and friendly, the the selection here is outstanding. Whenever I'm in Salem, in enjoy stopping in for a spell (no pun intended), browsing, and (typically) purchasing a book.
A word of note, though--Hex does not claim to be "Wiccan", but rather, clearly states on the very sign hanging over the door "Old World Witchery". To this novice, the difference is pretty obvious--Wiccan and "Witchcraft" are clearly not the same thing, with Wiccan being more of a "mother earth" based religion, and "Witchcraft" being more concerned with the art of communicating (and drawing strength/wisdom from) with the deceased. Very different indeed. I highly recommend a visit to Hex if you're interested in the art of Witchcraft.

5  Thank Chuck F