“Depends on your driver and narrator.”
Review of Salem Trolley

Salem Trolley
Ranked #1 of 3 Transportation in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1982, Salem Trolley has offered sightseeing tours and exceptional transportation North of Boston. Once on board, visitors discover the Witch City's unique, colorful past. Our hop-on, hop-off service includes a one-hour narrated tour and all-day shuttle service through beautiful and historic Salem from the witchcraft trials of 1692, to literary and maritime history. Our eight-mile ride around the city takes you past the Charter Street Burial Ground, The House of the Seven Gables, Witch Dungeon Museum, Witch History Museum, New England Pirate Museum, Salem Witch Museum, along the historic waterfront and along historic streets such as Chestnut Street. Your professional driver and talented local tour guide will entertain you with factual history and interesting tidbits about the city. Feel free to get off and on at any of our 14 stops throughout the day and view Salem at your leisure, using our trolley as a convenient shuttle service. Private charters are available year round.
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

We were in Salem for a couple of days. The first day we took the entire one hour tour at the end of the day (the Trolley's last full loop); and loved it. The driver was friendly and the narrator/tour guide was humorous and informative. The next day we decided to use the trolley to visit the sights we wished to see. That day we could not understand a single one of the tour guides - however we did find amusement. Thankfully we had taken the actual tour for informative reasons the day before. If you are lucky and get a good tour guide - it is well worth it ;)

1  Thank nikidee

Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed the ride and just stayed on the whole time. But you can hop on and off at attractions if you want. It helped me to decide what I wanted to explore next in Salem. The guide and driver were both very nice on my particular ride.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was a great trolley tour. You could get on and off and various stops. The driver was extremely knowledgeable and very funny. Salem was a short stop on our trip so we decided to take this tour. It is definitively a nice view of the city and sea village. It was about an hour long. The only disappointing thing was the part about the witches, I thought it would have been more detailed. The weather was beautiful and the city even more. I was very impressed!!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

worth the price to see the town and hear about the history, the witch phase was very short and overshadowed the wonderfull sea village aspect of the place.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I only had one day in Salem, so I bought a ticket for the trolley tour. The tour consists of two loops, each ending at the Trolley Shop, and you can get off and on at various places along the way. I stayed on for the entire trip, which lasted about 1 hour and covers quite a distance. We went through the main part of town and I learned lots about the Witch Trials and what life was like back then - very interesting and informative, as well as amusing anecdotes. The second part of the tour was based more on the Maritime history of the town and took us our to Winter Island Maritime Park and the Salem Willows. The tour was a great way to hear stories about Salem and it's history and also to get my bearings on where different things were situated. After the tour, I had a walk around the streets we had driven and then I drove myself back to Winter Island for a closer look. It really is the best way of finding out about a town you are not familiar with, actually, probably even one you think you know!