“Homemade Soups That Taste Homemade”

New England Soup Factory
Ranked #32 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was impressed with the staff and how friendly they were in letting me try a variety of soups they were serving that day. I chose the New England Clam Chowder which was one of the best I ever
tasted in all of New England.
Although their soups are a bit pricey I recommend The New England Soup Factory for delicious tasting soup. It's worth the splurge!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had Lobster Bisque with rice. It was delicious! it's small inside not a lot of seating but the food was great and the place seemed very clean!

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

No one makes soup like the New England area. Full off of 8$ of food (the pint size soup). Highly recommend for the poor student's budget

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

On a rainy day this is the place to go. We had soup - of course!! Chicken pot pie soup and chili. There's some very unique soups that you won't find else where. And you can sample before you choose. Chili was spicey good. Chicken pot pie had a little puff pastry. It's not cheap, and it is worth the visit if you like soup, bread and sandwiches! The service was very friendly and helpful. The dining area was clean with ample seating.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I ate here in September 2012 on a business trip. I always look up restaurants on Trip Advisor to find a good spot to eat lunch, and this place came highly recommended... but after visiting, I don't really get why.

The man who helped us was extremely kind and friendly, so that was a good start. The sandwiches all looked delicious and I was under the impression that they were made fresh, but he instead grabbed an already prepared sandwich from the cooler. The fruit salad I had was lacking in both variety and quality, with hard cantaloupe and barely-flavorful pineapple (and two grapes). The soup (chicken noodle with vegetables) was okay, but overall very salty and sub par. The only big plus to my visit was the small chunk of bread served with the soup -- delicious. Even the bathroom disappointed. The toilet clogged immediately (and I only flushed ONE small bunch of toilet paper), and there was no hand soap to be found. Boooo.

1  Thank CrownofStorms

Been to New England Soup Factory? Share your experiences!