“convenient location, OK chow”
Review of In a Pig's Eye

In a Pig's Eye
Ranked #45 of 236 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
New Jersey
“convenient location, OK chow”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Easy choice when visiting House of 7 Gables or Derby Wharf. When I visited on a very hot day in July, traveling solo, I was seated fast but then just sat there. My impression was that In a Pig's Eye is popular with locals, because they were busy chatting with each other. The waiter (might have been owner) finally came over and said: "Our grill's not working today, so your choices are limited." Not exactly gracious. Maybe this is what other reviewers consider to be a "relaxed atmosphere."

But things do go wrong from time to time, and at that point I didn't feel like trudging back out into the heat, so I got a tuna wrap and iced tea. They were fine. I did not perceive anything gem-like about this place, frankly. When I came back to Salem two months later, I didn't return.

• Visited July 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“have to try this”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

stopped here for a late lunch and not really sure about it but we liked the name. Had the steak sandwich and a vegetarian sandwich. Both were delicious, nice and hot and flavorful. The fries were also hot and flavorful. We ordered the chips and salsa for an appetizer and the chips were freshly made, warm and salty with a wonderful salsa. Enjoyed the bantering of the staff who were also very helpful about other must see sites in Salem. Would definitely recommend a stop here.

• Visited September 2013
Bronx, NY
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just down on Derby street before you get to the house of the seven gables is In a Pigs Eye restaurant. I went in because the name was funny. It was mexican night and also open Mic night. We didn't expect to stay but we did and had a wonderful time! First off the food was great. Secondly the drinks are not weak. Lastly the staff was phenomenal! What an awesome night we had. Great service and entertainment that was good bad and ugly but awesome none the less.

• Visited August 2013
“Wonderful Management”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We came here with four kids looking for a quick bite and a drink for the adults. The waiter was awesome! He was incredibly friendly and so kind to my kids, had each of them laughing in minutes. The fries and nachos were pretty good and there were plenty of wines offered. The relaxed atmosphere, the attentive staff and the friendly bartender made this a great experience.

• Visited August 2013
Whitby, ON
“Rude”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We found the wait staff to be very rude. As a matter of fact we walked out pretty much as soon as we walked in. I would not recommend this place.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank vzubie

Been to In a Pig's Eye? Share your experiences!