“In a Pig's Eye Salem”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We saw the add for this pub on the free map you get at visitors information in Salem. We started our self guided walk and stopped here for lunch. Really really small place we were lucky to get a table. And it was a hot day so the AC was much needed. Waitress brought water right away took drinks order and told us the specials. We started with the clam chowder which in our 2 weeks in New England was the best(and it is not on the top 10 chowders of new england site). We had the two melts that were on special that day(one meat one veggie) and they were both great. Lots of locals seemed to be coming in just for a quick drink. When we got our map out to look over what we were planning on doing for rest of the day, one of the employees came over to say "this is what tourists do, this is what I recommend" very helpful. We really enjoyed our time there and would go again.(infact went back for a cold drink before we departed Salem)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Food is pretty bad, the service isn't really much better. I've been here multiple times and i'm not sure why.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went in and thought the place felt charming and comfortable. I ordered a BLT and a turkey sandwich for my mom to go. We both loved our sandwiches, though I would have loved a little more bacon. (I'm from the midwest, there is never enough bacon.) I would recommend people to check it out, the staff was very friendly and helpful and it seems like a nice place to have a beer.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The waitress was originally from our state and she teased us that we did not bring her some of the beer from our state. Service was excellent, food was tasty, and the waitress was very attentive. The dinning room was not what you expect, but it is a pub and it had the bar atmosphere. I would recommend this pub to others

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went to In A Pig's Eye for drinks both Saturday and Sunday and enjoyed live music and attentive service. Can't go wrong with this place for late night.

Been to Mercy Tavern? Share your experiences!