“Definitely not a rip off”

Gallows Hill Museum/Theatre
Book In Advance
More Info
$2,100.00*
and up
Salem Day Trip from Boston in Luxury Rolls Royce...
Ranked #1 of 8 Concerts & Shows in Salem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Gallows Hill is an incredible mix of special effects, live performance, costumes, story-telling, diversions, exhilarating surprises and jump scares blended with historical facts about the WITCH TRIALS, ghosts and local legends. An attraction not to be missed. Our lobby is now a mini-museum, with wall portraits come to life, with information on Salem witchcraft history and mythology. You also find Sheriff Corwin, the infamous sheriff of the witch trials, and an old witch from the mythological world of witchcraft. Perfect for picture taking! Gallows Hill makes for a complete interactive and memorable experience that returning visitors continue to see year after year! Open for group tours from March to Mid November. Currently open to the public Only in October.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wandered into the store thinking it was just a store, but the cashier convinced me to see the show. He even promised me my money back if I didn't like it. There were only three of us in the audience and it was still a blast!! I scare easily so I screamed with the special effects and startling actors, but I was laughing the whole time. Truly a fun experience and worth a visit. And I didn't ask for my money back.

Erik R, Owner at Gallows Hill Museum/Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thanks so much for coming, we appreciate the business. We add new effects every year!
Look for us next year under our new name: Gallows Hill!

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"bmw"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to see this show, and had no idea what to expect. We came directly from the Witch Dungeon Museum, where the show had great acting but no special effects, so this was a complete change. Lots of short stories and tales from the last 350 years, as well as some awesome special effects. Only $10/adult, worth the money! We were laughing the whole time.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Every year we bring all our employees on a company outing and this year it was to Salem MA. There was 100+ of us ranging from 21-75 years old and Witches Cottage was our favorite stop. They bring the New England humor to everything they do so the show was very funny, sarcastic and yes they made dozens of our staff scream with fear and even get up on stage. We also learned alot about what happened back in the 1600's because their style of performing made the crowd listen even better. Since our group was so large half of us did their historic walking tour while the others were at the show and then we switched. The walking tour was great too, and that even had sarcastic humor. None of us felt that the show or tour was geared towards children only, we had a blast! They were also very accomodating as we went there when they were not even generally open and prices are very reasonable.

6  Thank DAmbrosioEyeCare

So slad you enjoyed it. What a wonderful review, thanks so much.
Look for us next year under our brand new name : Gallows Hill!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We see this show EVERY October, and it gets better each time. This one-person show combines drama, special effects and history for a great time you won't soon forget.

2  Thank Will K

Thanks for coming to see us every year! We have incorporated new effects, so now we have two people providing the entertainment.
Make sure you look for us next year under our new name: Gallows Hill.
Same owners, same quality.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was a chaperone on my sons trip to Boston/New York. We had a stop in Salem and the performance at the Withces Cottage was the highlight of the day. I think the adults enjoyed this as much as the kids did. i have to admit that I jumped a few times. It was a very entertaining evening and I would recommend this to anyone going to Salem.

1  Thank Heather P

Thanks so much for coming, and for the review. We enjoy have groups return each year.

Look for us under our new name: Gallows Hill: The Witchcraft and Ghost Experience.