“I love the gallery I think the 2014 season james should 100 percent add a jeepers creepers or candy man figure thoes would be to”

Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery
Ranked #6 of 78 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: This cinematic Monster museum is dedicated to all those who have entertained us in the world of Horror, Fantasy and Sci-Fi! Actors, directors and special effects wizards of the past and present are all honored here with over 60 life-sized realistic recreations of the horror's genre's most memorable characters. With NEW yearly additions it is safe for all. During OCTOBER, the monsters come to life making Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery Salem's Scariest Haunted house but during the rest of the year, the monsters are quite calm and won't move at all. See you soon!!! Be sure to CHECK OUR CALENDAR on our site for times to best enjoy your visit!
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The gallery is amazing and it gets better each year I love meeting all the special guest and walking around the museum. For the 2014 seson I think james should add a jeepers creepers figure or a candy man figure or I dont think I seen a leather face figure!!!!!!!!! Omg tjat would b awsome!

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Even the kids loved it - twice!!!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Honestly, I thought it was going to be hokey and dumb. My husband loves old horror movies and monsters. So, he dragged me and the kids in. I was worried that the kids (ages 6 & 8) would be scared. The man working assured us that they would be okay. We spent two and half hours wondering around! The kids asked about every monster. My son bought a shirt and my daughter was inspired to dress as Linda Blair for Halloween that year. We went back two years later and loved it all over again. We would definitely recommend this museum as one of Salem's finest!!!! Fondly, your biggest fans from Michigan.

Visited August 2013
Salem, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Favorite museum in Salem”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The first time I visited Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery was in 2010, and it immediately appealed to the horror fan in me. I love the atmosphere in Salem MA and New England in general, but this was the only place in town that didn't try to sell me on that atmosphere, or the tragic history associated with Salem. It sold me pure, guilt-free fun with unique movie-quality replicas of costumes and props from many of my favorite films, and incredible life-like likenesses of the actors and actresses that made me love them.

Since then I have moved to Salem MA and I make a point to visit at least three times a year. The Gallery routinely adds new figures, so each trip offers some fresh fiendish face. And the curator knows his stuff; he's quick to answer any questions about the exhibits or the movies they represent. With no other attraction of this kind in the area, he could afford to be lazy, but I've never found him anything but friendly and courteous and eager to engage the customers in discussions.

Don't get me wrong, I like the other museums in Salem as well, and if I was an art buff, I'm sure the Peabody Essex Museum would rank higher on my fun-o-meter than Orlok's. But I'm a horror movie buff, and I can think of no better place to spend my free-time than here.

I've read reviews by people who didn't seem to enjoy this museum. In each case, the complain has actually been about the haunted house that the museum hosts in October. It's true that this is not the scariest haunted attraction in the world, but it's still a lot of fun to see done up for Halloween, and every October they have celebrity guests like Kane Hodder and Heather Langenkamp, at no additional cost.

Easily worth the price of admission for anyone that loves horror films, and at least worth a look for everyone that comes to Salem and wants to see something different.

3 Thank Crazy1van
Moira, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for anyone who loves horror movies”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

First place we stopped at when we arrived in Salem, and was not disappointed. If you love horror movies, this is an awesome place, would recommend it to anyone visiting Salem. One of the best attractions, would go back. Figures/monsters are realistic & great quality, along with a bit of information about each one. Owner was very friendly & informative.

Visited November 2013
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Amazing if you love horror movies and everything about it this is a must”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I love the museum I been going for a few years now the owner james is a cool guy and the figures inside
Are outstanding 5 stars a must do if your in salem mass

Visited October 2013

Been to Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery? Share your experiences!