“Great food”

Capt's Waterfront Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: One can take the commuter train to and from Boston, The "T", about a 25 minute ride. The station is a 10 to 15 minute walk from Capt's. Taxi service is available by phone. There is ferry service available from Boston - near the New England Aquarium to Blaney St. in Salem - a 10 minute walk. There is a sight-seeing trolley service that stops here.
Description: Waterfront dining at its best! Capt’s Waterfront brings the biggest and best charcoal grilled steaks to diners on the North Shore - GUARANTEED - and an incredible selection of market fresh seafood. Capt’s hand selects only the best and highest quality cuts of locally sourced steak and seafood. With its combination of exceptional charcoal grilled dishes, contemporary New England cuisine and an unparalleled location, Capt’s Waterfront is the premier location to dine on Pickering Wharf in Salem, Massachusetts. Downstairs, find a refined bar section; upstairs, the Topsides Dining Room & Deck provide a more intimate setting. Regardless of your seating arrangement, immaculate views and incredible cuisine provide for a memorable meal in one of the state’s most historic locations.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Best Calamari! Highly recommend for anyone who loves sea food. Staff were friendly, and food was reasonably priced.

DirkIsbrandtsen, Heather, Manager at Capt's Waterfront Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Best Calamari sounds about right! Thanks for taking the time to share this excellent review. I'm so happy you had a good visit and great food and service. We all look forward to having you back again soon, and if there's anything in particular we can do to make it a five-star experience, please let me know.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here on our first night in Salem, seated downstairs in bar area, atmosphere was a little weak. Didn't have my first choice of main course so chose the fish and chips, which was ok but not the best I've had, my wife had crab stuffed fish which she said was great so an average meal for us... Would give it another chance

DirkIsbrandtsen, Heather, Manager at Capt's Waterfront Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thanks for the honest feedback, and I'm glad you had a good meal. Of course I'd prefer if your experience with us had been perfect, but I assure you we'll work hard to achieve that the next time you visit. I am happy to hear that your wife was so pleased with her Crab Stuffed Sole! That is a great dish. Please keep us in mind when you're next in Salem, and I'm confident we can give you an excellent, memorable dining experience.

All the best,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We thought this would be a great choice for dinner as it was right on the waterfront. The views were wonderful, but the food was not good. It was cold by the time we got it, plus my stuffed sole was soggy and bland. The restaurant itself is in need of a good cleaning, too. We would definitely not go back. The reason I gave it a two was that the staff was very friendly and the view is great.

We appreciate this feedback, and I'm sorry your meal wasn't up to our usual standard. When was it that you visited? I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the view and you had a good experience with our staff. I would love to look into why your food wasn't hot and what went wrong with your stuffed sole. Any additional information you can provide would be very helpful — we're always looking to improve! I hope you'll give us another try next time you're in the area, as I'm positive we can do better!

All the best,

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Eating seafood by the water was wonderful! Drinks and food was good. Service was ok and restaurant was messy and tables too close together.

DirkIsbrandtsen, Heather, Manager at Capt's Waterfront Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We appreciate your candid feedback, Pam, and I'll definitely make note of it. I'm glad you thought the food and scenery were wonderful, and I hope next time you join us you're happier with the service and the set-up. If there's any issue, please feel free to ask for me and I'd be more than happy to help.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location with so much potential to be great! however, Captains remains over priced in relation to value of food quality, preparation and presentation....and always under staffed. Lack of training and knowledge from most employees. Food is mere average - nothing to write home about. The hostess is wrong person for the job. Brunch is a perfect example of over priced, poorly presented. Host is very disconnected from dining guests. Where is management ??? Very discreet apparently

DirkIsbrandtsen, Heather, Manager at Capt's Waterfront Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I appreciate your feedback, Bruce. I assure you we train all of our employees and we always have a manager on duty. I'm sorry if you had trouble with the hostess or your server, and I'm always available for your comments or questions — just ask your server to speak to me. What did you eat when you dined with us? When was it that you visited? Any additional information you can provide will help me to look into your comments. Thanks again and we hope we can have you back again sometime.