Open today: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Tarot Journey

Our Tarot Journey was such a wonderful experience! Melissa, our guide, was friendly and empathic... read more

Reviewed January 9, 2019
rachel-zz-11
Witches: 1692 - Today, Walking Tour

Let me preface this review by saying that I am not one to typically write reviews (whoops, sorry... read more

Reviewed November 14, 2018
Samantha M

All reviews love learning witch city field trip walking tour past and present an amazing experience salem experience knowledgeable guide real history visiting salem tarot reading highly recommend this tour witch trials melissa workshop movement journey
Reviewed November 9, 2017

My daughters and I went on the Tarot Journey Tour with Melissa our tour guide. We had a very pleasant afternoon learning the tarot cards. Melissa knew her history of Salem and she definitely took us to interesting parts of Salem which we hadn't been with other tours. Our end of tour picnic was excellent. I really enjoyed the tea, considering I enjoy a cup of coffee more, the tea was really good. I highly recommend this tour if you are visiting Salem.

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Thanks so much for the kind words! It was great to meet you and your daughters. So glad you enjoyed (even the tea)!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

My two girlfriends and I decided to book the "Witches: 1692 - Today" tour over Halloween weekend, and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience! We loved the socio-cultural perspective that was brought by taking us through the history of witch craft as it has been portrayed in the US . I really felt like we "got off the beaten path", but still had the opportunity to see and understand the important historical sites. It left us questioning why it's become acceptable to celebrate what really is an American tragedy (and made for some great conversation at a local bar recommended by our tour guide afterwards!). As 3 academics, we can be difficult to please and challenge intellectually (not interested in a ghost tour) - which is exactly why we booked this tour! Thanks so much - we will be back and can't wait to learn more next time!

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad you all got so much out of the tour. Hope to see you back in Salem!

Reviewed October 29, 2017

This was a terrific tour of the Salem downtown area. It was historical and the small group made it perfect! We could hear our guide who was very well informed and after seeing the other tours - I believe that this is the best bet. The tour guide had accurate information and did not embellish. It was REALLY fun!

Date of experience: October 2017

So glad you enjoyed the tour! Thanks so much for the kind review. Much appreciated!

Reviewed October 22, 2017

I've lived in downtown Salem for over 10 years and I truly enjoyed the' Witches: 1692-Today' tour which we did on a busy October Saturday night. Melissa is a wonderful, knowledgeable guide who gives a tour with a modern perspective on the history of our witch city. I highly recommend this tour if you live in Salem and want a fun activity to entertain guests. I love learning about things I walk by every day and didn't even notice.Thank you for an amazing experience!

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Thank you so much! I love sharing the history of our city with locals. Glad you all got so much out of it!

Reviewed October 17, 2017

We did the tour "Witches: 1692-Today". If you want to understand the real history of "Witches" in Salem within the actual historical context, take this tour! Melissa's tour was a respectful, intimate and thought provoking experience that I would recommend to those who have genuine interest in learning about the true events, characters and beliefs from that time. I went with my wife and cousin and we couldn't stop talking about it the whole ride back to Cambridge. We will definitely be returning for other tours and workshops!

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you! It was awesome to meet you all. So glad you enjoyed! Love that you couldn't stop talking about it.