“Fun tour of Salem”

NowAge Travel
Ranked #18 of 37 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are socially-conscious guides on a journey to illuminate the real magic of Witch City. Together through intimate tours, holistic healing, and immersive retreats, we aim to spark conversation and awaken new perspectives.
Reviewed October 29, 2017

This was a terrific tour of the Salem downtown area. It was historical and the small group made it perfect! We could hear our guide who was very well informed and after seeing the other tours - I believe that this is the best bet. The tour guide had accurate information and did not embellish. It was REALLY fun!

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

So glad you enjoyed the tour! Thanks so much for the kind review. Much appreciated!

All reviews
"visiting salem"
"real history"
"tarot reading"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"witch trials"
"journey"
in 5 reviews
"context"

Reviewed October 22, 2017

I've lived in downtown Salem for over 10 years and I truly enjoyed the' Witches: 1692-Today' tour which we did on a busy October Saturday night. Melissa is a wonderful, knowledgeable guide who gives a tour with a modern perspective on the history of our witch city. I highly recommend this tour if you live in Salem and want a fun activity to entertain guests. I love learning about things I walk by every day and didn't even notice.Thank you for an amazing experience!

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Thank you so much! I love sharing the history of our city with locals. Glad you all got so much out of it!

Reviewed October 17, 2017

We did the tour "Witches: 1692-Today". If you want to understand the real history of "Witches" in Salem within the actual historical context, take this tour! Melissa's tour was a respectful, intimate and thought provoking experience that I would recommend to those who have genuine interest in learning about the true events, characters and beliefs from that time. I went with my wife and cousin and we couldn't stop talking about it the whole ride back to Cambridge. We will definitely be returning for other tours and workshops!

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you! It was awesome to meet you all. So glad you enjoyed! Love that you couldn't stop talking about it.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

My friends and I really enjoyed the History of Spiritualism tour. Our guide, Melissa, provided us with a zine of historical images and spoke about the links between Spiritualism and the civil rights and feminism movements. The tour was more akin to taking a class, rather than the usual Salem "haunted fanfare" that attracts so many tourists. Our walk through the parts of town usually not seen was BEAUTIFUL. We had a perfect fall day and even met a sweet cat who followed us for a bit. Thanks so much!

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thanks so much! It was great to meet you guys, and I'm so glad you all enjoyed it!