Open today: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Witches: 1692 - Today, Walking Tour

Let me preface this review by saying that I am not one to typically write reviews (whoops, sorry... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Samantha M
Excellent tour

Melissa was a fantastic guide. The tour was informative and we all learned new things. I... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Sightsee04623881850
via mobile

All reviews love learning witch city field trip walking tour past and present salem experience knowledgeable guide visiting salem real history tarot reading highly recommend this tour witch trials melissa workshop movement journey context
Reviewed October 3, 2017

My friends and I really enjoyed the History of Spiritualism tour. Our guide, Melissa, provided us with a zine of historical images and spoke about the links between Spiritualism and the civil rights and feminism movements. The tour was more akin to taking a class, rather than the usual Salem "haunted fanfare" that attracts so many tourists. Our walk through the parts of town usually not seen was BEAUTIFUL. We had a perfect fall day and even met a sweet cat who followed us for a bit. Thanks so much!

Date of experience: October 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thanks so much! It was great to meet you guys, and I'm so glad you all enjoyed it!

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

This isn't your typical tourist-y tour! Melissa is a fantastically knowledgeable guide with a warm and authentic tone. It was so much fun to be taken off the "beaten path" to places in town that we wouldn't think to venture to.

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you for the sweet words! So very appreciated!

Reviewed September 25, 2017

I've been visiting Salem regularly for over ten years. I've seen nearly all the museums and I'm well acquainted with most of the major sights. When my fiancé and I saw this new tour with a feminist angle, we knew we had to try it out. We chose the two-hour History of Spiritualism walking tour, and it was fabulous. Melissa was an incredibly lovely tour guide who wowed the whole group with her seemingly endless esoteric knowledge of Salem & the Spiritualist Movement. We learned tons about the city and visited landmarks I never knew existed. Definitely worth every bit. Truly one of the most fascinating tours!

Date of experience: September 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Thanks so much, Kailey! I had such an awesome time with you both, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you again on your next visit!

Reviewed August 13, 2017

I have had so many wonderful and magical experiences with NOW Age Travel + Healing so far!!

*Healing Herbs Walking Tour w/ Madeline Mooney: My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this herbal tour around Salem. We learned about all the wonderful herbs that could be found right on our sidewalks that we thought were plain ol' weeds. Madeline has such a lovely fairy-like spirit and is very knowledgeable of the health and witchy/spiriritual properties of herbs. We had a lovely picnic with lavender cookies and delicious teas. The whole experience was lovely!

*Tarot Reading + Custom Gem Essence w/ Lauren Hall: I arrived several minutes late due to crazy traffic (never underestimate rush hour traffic around the Boston/Essex County area!), I was feeling super bad about it, but Lauren's beautiful and warm presence calmed me down right away. This was a truly life changing tarot card reading - the best one I have ever had! If you are going to get a tarot card reading in Salem - go to Lauren!

*History of Spiritualism Walking Tour w/ Melissa Nierman: I love learning about the Victorian Era and the history of the Occult, so I just had to take this walking tour! Melissa is extremely knowledgeable on this subject, fun, and an all-around marvelous tour guide. It's amazing how strong the Spiritualism movement was in Salem! Now I see Salem in a whole new way. Salem is so much more than just the sad and shameful witch trials that occurred in 1692. It is filled with so much rich history that has been sort of forgotten, but super worth re-discovering! Melissa has a great passion on showing people all the wonderful history that Salem has to offer. Thanks to her, I can now roam the streets of Salem and see it in a whole new light.

Want to add something even more magical to your Salem experience? Book a healing and/or tour at NOW Age!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank JessieF1111
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I really love hearing about all your positive experiences with us. And that you keep coming back for more! Your support is so appreciated!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Melissa is so passionate and knowledgable about Salem history, and her enthusiasm shows on this tour! I took the Ghosts of Salem tour with her, and it was a real treat to see a different side of Salem. Melissa had anecdotes about many places not on our tour, and gave us each handbooks that showed us the buildings she was talking about so we could compare them to the current sites we could see. I really like Melissa's energy, friendliness, and humor. I'll definitely tour with her again!

Date of experience: August 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thank you so much for the sweet review! It was awesome to have you along on the Ghosts of Buildings Past Tour! And glad you appreciated all those extra anecdotes (wink)!