Open today: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Witches: 1692 - Today, Walking Tour

Let me preface this review by saying that I am not one to typically write reviews (whoops, sorry... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Samantha M
Excellent tour

Melissa was a fantastic guide. The tour was informative and we all learned new things. I... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Sightsee04623881850
via mobile

All reviews love learning witch city field trip walking tour past and present salem experience knowledgeable guide visiting salem real history tarot reading highly recommend this tour witch trials melissa workshop movement journey context
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I have had so many wonderful and magical experiences with NOW Age Travel + Healing so far!!

*Healing Herbs Walking Tour w/ Madeline Mooney: My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this herbal tour around Salem. We learned about all the wonderful herbs that could be found right on our sidewalks that we thought were plain ol' weeds. Madeline has such a lovely fairy-like spirit and is very knowledgeable of the health and witchy/spiriritual properties of herbs. We had a lovely picnic with lavender cookies and delicious teas. The whole experience was lovely!

*Tarot Reading + Custom Gem Essence w/ Lauren Hall: I arrived several minutes late due to crazy traffic (never underestimate rush hour traffic around the Boston/Essex County area!), I was feeling super bad about it, but Lauren's beautiful and warm presence calmed me down right away. This was a truly life changing tarot card reading - the best one I have ever had! If you are going to get a tarot card reading in Salem - go to Lauren!

*History of Spiritualism Walking Tour w/ Melissa Nierman: I love learning about the Victorian Era and the history of the Occult, so I just had to take this walking tour! Melissa is extremely knowledgeable on this subject, fun, and an all-around marvelous tour guide. It's amazing how strong the Spiritualism movement was in Salem! Now I see Salem in a whole new way. Salem is so much more than just the sad and shameful witch trials that occurred in 1692. It is filled with so much rich history that has been sort of forgotten, but super worth re-discovering! Melissa has a great passion on showing people all the wonderful history that Salem has to offer. Thanks to her, I can now roam the streets of Salem and see it in a whole new light.

Want to add something even more magical to your Salem experience? Book a healing and/or tour at NOW Age!

1  Thank JessieF1111
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I really love hearing about all your positive experiences with us. And that you keep coming back for more! Your support is so appreciated!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Melissa is so passionate and knowledgable about Salem history, and her enthusiasm shows on this tour! I took the Ghosts of Salem tour with her, and it was a real treat to see a different side of Salem. Melissa had anecdotes about many places not on our tour, and gave us each handbooks that showed us the buildings she was talking about so we could compare them to the current sites we could see. I really like Melissa's energy, friendliness, and humor. I'll definitely tour with her again!

Date of experience: August 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thank you so much for the sweet review! It was awesome to have you along on the Ghosts of Buildings Past Tour! And glad you appreciated all those extra anecdotes (wink)!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

I took the Ghosts of Buildings Past tour. I admit to hating walking tours in general, and I absolutely recommend Now Age. Melissa has done a great job of creating unique experiences throughout Salem. The Ghosts of Buildings Past tour was super informative and I learned things about Salem I had no idea about, even though I've lived here for 8 years.

Date of experience: August 2017

Thank you so much, Ana! It's always great to hear that even long-time residents can learn new things about our magical little city. So glad you had such a positive experience on the Ghosts of Buildings Past tour, and I hope you join us again!

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Just got back from a trip to Salem where my boyfriend and I were lucky enough to get our tarot read by Lauren from Now Age. My whole experience was fantastic! I booked two tarot readings through email with Melissa who was super helpful and easy to communicate with. I noticed on the website they did not have any readings available for July 12th, which happens to be my birthday and one of two days we would be spending in Salem. I sort of jokingly asked if they would be willing to schedule "a special birthday reading" given we would be travelling down from Montreal for just a few days. To my surprise Melissa responded within minutes saying Lauren would be happy to meet with us even though it was technically her day off! I was so happy to see them go out of their way to help us out. Lauren was a gem, her reading was genuine, fun and insightful. She had an amazing energy and it felt like she was one of my closest friends despite only knowing her for less than an hour. It was literally a 12/10 experience, zero complaints, just perfect! I would recommend Now Age to literally everyone I know!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank maryssa p
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

So thrilled that it worked out for you both to get Tarot Readings and that you had such a great experience with Lauren! We appreciate your review so much!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

It's so wonderful to have experienced two different walking tours with NOW Age, back to back! Both quite different and yet both equally as interesting and fun.

Melissa, the owner of NOW Age, is just the best! She was so great at putting these tours together and making sure the dates worked out for when I was to visit Salem as I was trying to book in advance. I also loved the fact that she came along on the tour with our workshop leader and gave us cool little tidbits of local history as we went along, she really knows her stuff!

Both Grace and Madeline are passionate about what they do and I loved seeing that on each tour. Learning about flowers with Grace and imbibing essences was such a treat and making reiki charged tea and learning about herbs with Madeline was a lovely way to spend a few hours in the beautiful town of Salem.

Each stop on the tour has so much fascinating history and storytelling to it, plus, the treats, gifts and warm and friendly chats make hanging out with these folks such a pleasure.

These are tours like no other and run by wonderful people - absolutely worth it.

Date of experience: July 2017

Thank you so much! It was really wonderful to have you on both the Magic Flowers AND Healing Herbs walking workshops! You're our very first back-to-back tour taker. So glad it worked it!