Open today: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Witches: 1692 - Today, Walking Tour

Let me preface this review by saying that I am not one to typically write reviews (whoops, sorry... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Samantha M
Excellent tour

Melissa was a fantastic guide. The tour was informative and we all learned new things. I... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Sightsee04623881850
via mobile

All reviews love learning witch city field trip walking tour past and present salem experience knowledgeable guide visiting salem real history tarot reading highly recommend this tour witch trials melissa workshop movement journey context
Reviewed August 7, 2017

I took the Ghosts of Buildings Past tour. I admit to hating walking tours in general, and I absolutely recommend Now Age. Melissa has done a great job of creating unique experiences throughout Salem. The Ghosts of Buildings Past tour was super informative and I learned things about Salem I had no idea about, even though I've lived here for 8 years.

Date of experience: August 2017
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thank you so much, Ana! It's always great to hear that even long-time residents can learn new things about our magical little city. So glad you had such a positive experience on the Ghosts of Buildings Past tour, and I hope you join us again!

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Just got back from a trip to Salem where my boyfriend and I were lucky enough to get our tarot read by Lauren from Now Age. My whole experience was fantastic! I booked two tarot readings through email with Melissa who was super helpful and easy to communicate with. I noticed on the website they did not have any readings available for July 12th, which happens to be my birthday and one of two days we would be spending in Salem. I sort of jokingly asked if they would be willing to schedule "a special birthday reading" given we would be travelling down from Montreal for just a few days. To my surprise Melissa responded within minutes saying Lauren would be happy to meet with us even though it was technically her day off! I was so happy to see them go out of their way to help us out. Lauren was a gem, her reading was genuine, fun and insightful. She had an amazing energy and it felt like she was one of my closest friends despite only knowing her for less than an hour. It was literally a 12/10 experience, zero complaints, just perfect! I would recommend Now Age to literally everyone I know!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank maryssa p
Melissa N, Owner at NowAge Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

So thrilled that it worked out for you both to get Tarot Readings and that you had such a great experience with Lauren! We appreciate your review so much!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

It's so wonderful to have experienced two different walking tours with NOW Age, back to back! Both quite different and yet both equally as interesting and fun.

Melissa, the owner of NOW Age, is just the best! She was so great at putting these tours together and making sure the dates worked out for when I was to visit Salem as I was trying to book in advance. I also loved the fact that she came along on the tour with our workshop leader and gave us cool little tidbits of local history as we went along, she really knows her stuff!

Both Grace and Madeline are passionate about what they do and I loved seeing that on each tour. Learning about flowers with Grace and imbibing essences was such a treat and making reiki charged tea and learning about herbs with Madeline was a lovely way to spend a few hours in the beautiful town of Salem.

Each stop on the tour has so much fascinating history and storytelling to it, plus, the treats, gifts and warm and friendly chats make hanging out with these folks such a pleasure.

These are tours like no other and run by wonderful people - absolutely worth it.

Date of experience: July 2017

Thank you so much! It was really wonderful to have you on both the Magic Flowers AND Healing Herbs walking workshops! You're our very first back-to-back tour taker. So glad it worked it!

Reviewed July 4, 2017

My best friend and I went on the Witching the Written Word tour. This was a transformative experience! If you are creatively inclined and hope to see Salem in a new way, then this is the tour for you! The writing tour was more generative (to use Lauren's word) and inspirational than we ever could have imagined. We were able to learn about the history of Salem, gain local knowledge, and visit unique literary-themed locations that we wouldn't have known to check out on our own. Each stop was steeped in history and brimming with creative energy. It was such an authentic and unique way to see the city, and to learn about Salem and ourselves.

Easily, one of the best parts of the tour was meeting Lauren and Melissa. Lauren's passion for literature, history, and writing was clear throughout our entire experience. We were lucky enough to have Melissa, founder of Now Age Travel, on our tour. Her knowledge and sweetness truly amplified an already amazing experience. Both women's kindness, knowledge, and energy made us feel like we were visiting old haunts with old friends.

We also received two 1/2 hour tarot card readings from Lauren later in the day. Her philosophy on tarot reading, ability to pick up on our personalities, and empowering guidance truly made this a trip we will never forget!

This is truly a unique and authentic way to see Salem!

Date of experience: June 2017

We had such a great time with the both of you! So glad you enjoyed the Witching the Written Word walking workshop so much! And "transformative" is really the best complement around! Keep on writing!

Reviewed June 4, 2017

I attended the NOW Age Writing Workshop. This is an excellent way for anyone - tourist or local - to explore their creativity and Salem's history. Lauren has a great deal of experience with writing and a vast knowledge of Salem's history. The vibe was relaxed and non-judgmental and there was no pressure to share what you had written - it is understood to be a work in progress - even though that option was available. I highly recommend this Workshop - and I look forward to attending other Workshops at NOW Age Travel!

Date of experience: June 2017

Thank you so much, Heather, for the kind words! So glad you had such a positive experience on Lauren's Witching the Written Word walking workshop. It was awesome to have you along!