Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Favorite tourist attraction of the year!!

Reviewed December 16, 2019
sephg2019
Highlight of Salem

Reviewed November 14, 2019
Sparkyspitfire1

Recommended experiences in and around Salem
from $20.00
Go Boston Pass
172 Reviews
from $63.00
More Info
All reviews gift shop own pace walking tour our tour guide temple lex collection roam buying exhibits organisation merchandise house nature admission halloween
Selected filters
Reviewed December 16, 2019

We visited this place after a guy at work told me they were located in salem and we were taking a short trip there during the summer to see the city. I have been to salem before and did most of the tourist things but this place was different. This is a large house size art gallery with a really savvy and clever mission statement and direction. I enjoyed the commissioned bronze sculpture made famous by the tv show sabrina, but really liked the cult collection upstairs and the library of books on cults and general religious witch hunts. I also asked a million questions and the host down stairs answered them all and was really friendly and knowledgeable about the organization, other organizations and salem and its history. I would strongly recommend the visit, for anybody with an open mind or curiosity about cults or salem in general. I also was impressed by their merchandise and couldn't walk away without buying tons of stuff.... super cool place and employees....

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2019

If you're looking for some good indoor photo ops in the cold New England weather, this is the place to be. November being the off-season, there is plenty of space to roam around at your own pace.

There are some beautiful artworks including some Degas and Dalí but the real attraction is the decor itself.

There are five-ish rooms to explore, each with their own character. The gallery is unguided so you can proceed at your own pace.

As we visited during November we almost had the place to ourselves and spent over an hour taking pictures and taking in all the information and art around us. It was well worth our admission fees. Conversely, if you're in a rush, you could dash around it in under 20 mins.

The staff were kind and helpful and made us feel very welcome. All in all, it was the highlight of our trip to Salem!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 3, 2019

I really enjoyed both the tour with Thomas and my visit to the temple! Thomas is extremely knowledgeable and I learned a lot of new things about Salem and the trials. He was very respectful of the 20 innocents who lost their lives in the hysteria of the witch trials and encouraging of us to be the same. The Temple was awesome! I felt welcomed and the staff was really nice. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed October 28, 2019

Hell house was very unique and something I will never forget . Loved there take on a haunted house..

Reviewed October 28, 2019

We (a group of 6+ people) visited the Satanic Temple in Salem the weekend before Halloween. Did the walking tour and the Hell House - and I couldn't recommend them enough! Our tour guide for the walking tour, Tom, was amazing! Hilarious but informative - exactly what we were looking for. And the Hell House was a unique experience that me and my friends will be talking about for a long time. Can't wait to come back in the off-season to visit the gallery!