“Halloween 2013 in Salem, MA”
Review of Stepping Stone Inn

Stepping Stone Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2013

If you're going to party with the Witches in Salem, MA, you MUST stay at the Stepping Stone Inn.
The Inn is situated in the perfect location in the downtown historic district where the Halloween events take place. EVERYTHING is in walking distance. NO PLACE is too far to walk from the Inn. I Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. I've stayed there MANY times since 1995. I WILL return again for Halloween!!!

Rooms and bathrooms are CLEAN and cozy.
John Brick, the proprietor, is kind, helpful and quite accomodating. He even helped me get dressed for Halloween night and took pictures of my costume for me!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and cozy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank FlyingWitch13
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Sean as always your costumes are the best and shows all the work & effort you put in to halloween and I always look forward to seeing you and really say thank lyou for staying with me thank you for taking the time to share lyour stay here and I can hardly wait to see you again soon May you have a great Holiday weekend and happy new year thanks again John

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at the Stepping Stone Inn last week, through Halloween. The Inn was great! It was within walking distance to everything. John, the inn keeper gave us passes to the Witch Museum right next door..which we really enjoyed.

We stayed in the attic room which was very spacious with two queen size beds and a sitting room with great skylight. John was a very helpful and pleasant host..he even helped us carry our bags up to the third floor.

This B&B is very clean and centrally located. I highly recommend it.

Doris

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doris B
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

thank you so m uch for taking the time to write your Halloween experience and all the tings you got to do while here I thank you for your review and It was a pleasure to have you here and I hopefully I will see y ou again some time in the future. Have a good winter & good health thanks again John Stepping Stone Inn another season over time flyes by quickly

Reviewed October 27, 2013

A nice inn to stay in to visit Salem, the location is perfect and places all attractions in the town easily walk able.... couple this with close free parking during the stay and its not only very good value but painless too. The owner John is very friendly and happily chats about the local town and he recommended a great restaurant to us during our stay. The rooms are clean and tidy and the breakfast was good and fresh, my only negative comment would be that the decorations are a bit tired, but this is a very minor point when it is all so clean. I would definitely return!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

David thank you for the time to write about your stay here in Salem and at My Inn I am thankful for your review and will work to improve things which will make your next stay perfect. I thank you again and hope to see you soon on your next stay in Salem. Have a good Halloween John

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a "girls" visit to Salem for a couple of days and really loved our stay at this B&B! The innkeeper John is such a wonderful host and so friendly and helpful. The place is very clean, breakfast was continental, simple and delightful and the location of the inn is perfect - within walking distance to everything. Prices are very reasonable, especially when traveling there in October during prime time. He even gives free passes to the witch museum which is right next door. We all agreed we would recommend the place and stay again when visiting Salem.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Edrn1

just a qucik thank you for staying and your the best I really enjoyed your being here with me and it was a great time. I hope to see you soon and cannot tell you how much fun it was for lme to have you stay lhere with me, Hope to see you soonbe safe and have a good Halloween thanksagain John

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at the Stepping Stone for a long weekend on September 28th...The Inn was fantastic! It was within walking distance of everything...Not to mention the place was immaculate and the owner John was great! I will definitely be visiting again!

Room Tip: Stay in the attic, it has two comfy queen sized beds!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SenoritaJilly
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here October 3-6. What a wonderful stay we had! The location is perfect - within walking distance to everything. The rooms were clean and a nice breakfast was provided each morning. John is very helpful and a very pleasant host. We look forward to returning in the future!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I want to take the time to say thank you for the review. I always am great ful when you take the time to share your experience when In salem Thank you so much and as always look forward to seeing hopefully in the future Have a good day happy travels to you Your Host John W Brick Stepping STone INn

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at the Stepping Stone for 4 nights during the first week of September and found it to be a wonderful stay. The Inn is centrally located, next to the Witch Museum and a five minute walk to the Peabody, so you do not need your car to get around Salem. It is very clean and well kept. John is a great host. It was my girlfriends first stay at a B&B and she greatly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Just a quick Hi and thank you for thaking the time to write about your stay here. And so happy that your friend who has never stayed in a B&B enjoyed. Look forward to seeing lyou again and you made my day so nice to have you and look forward to seeing you soon Thanks again John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#2 of 9 in Salem
The Salem Inn
The Salem Inn
#6 of 9 in Salem

Been to Stepping Stone Inn? Share your experiences!