“The best thing you can do in Salem!!”
Review of Hocus Pocus Tours

Hocus Pocus Tours
Ranked #2 of 30 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Capture the historic spirit of Salem's yesteryear on this award winning, daily, 90-minute walking tour. Hear stories of intriguing people, discover the truth about Salem's infamous Witch Trial Hysteria, experience the authentic story of Salem's most notorious murder, and find out what locations were used in the movie Hocus Pocus. More than fifteen stops dot the tour route, including Salem's old jail -- a one-time residence for the Boston Strangler, the site of the Old Witch Gaol (prison), the Witch Trial Memorial, the field where Giles Corey was pressed to death, and the cemetery where a Witch Trial magistrate is buried.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Orange, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The best thing you can do in Salem!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We went on the Hocus Pocus tour tonight and it was by far the best thing we did all day! If you want a tour guide who is passionate and knowledgable about this town (but also throws in a little humor) Susan is your gal! Her and her husband Rich give this tour so much life! We learned so many stories about the town and plan on visiting a few places tomorrow we learned about on the tour. PLUS, Hocus Pocus is one of my favorite movies and Susan points out the locations they used for the movie. Very exciting to me. Tonight it was colder so be sure to bundle up because you're outside for a good hour and a half, but with all the great stories the time seems to fly by. Thank you Susan and Rich for making our first night in a Salem a memorable one!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Perfect First Tour..Real Facts”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

After doing research on TA for the perfect tour I am so happy I went with Hocus Pocus! I did not want something cheesy or embarrassing and this tour was perfect. Susan was wonderful, very warm and friendly and kept everyones attention. Her husband was very helpful and made sure everyone was on track and watched their step. I felt embarrassed seeing some of the other tours out and about..this one tour had a girl dressed like a zombie and acting like one too..she sounded so bored and carried a huge sign that said "tour" and like 60 people behind her. I also saw Spellbound with the guy in a top hat and 70 people trailing behind him. They just looked so cheesy! I was so happy I was with Susan. The group was small and everyone was very interested in all Susan had to say. She mixed facts, with fun movie trivia like Hocus Pocus filming locations, and all kinds of architecture information. I loved the last part where she explained about the architect choices for the Witch Memorial and how it was important to take a moment and acknowledge the history and the innocent people. This was a complete contrast to the other tour I saw across the way where I heard the zombie girl talking about a curse being put on someone etc. I think stories like that are so insensitive to be told at the memorial. If you want a fun, informative tour where you won't feel embarrassed or that your sticking out like a sore thumb tourist then please go with Susan. She was so kind at the end to offer us restaurant tips and asked us multiple times if we knew where we were going. Sweet couple!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My fiancé and I attended this tour as it was our first time in Salem. It was wonderful! Our tour guide was very informative and kept the walk entertained as we toured Salem's most historic sites. I was thrilled to even see some of the filming locations used in the movie Hocus Pocus! I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting! Great Job Hocus Pocus Tours!!!!!!

2 Thank Felicia1029
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved this!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Knowledgable and passionate tour guide! Very animated and kept the whole group engaged throughout! Really enjoyable overview of salem!

1 Thank Natasha H
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“great!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

her and her husband really know their stuff about this town! it was educational but yet fun! i really learned a lot and she pointed out some of the hocus pocus film locations! it was almost a 2 hour tour but covered a LOT! im really glad i joined this tour over the others!

Visited October 2013

Been to Hocus Pocus Tours? Share your experiences!