“Great Tour”
Review of Hocus Pocus Tours

Hocus Pocus Tours
Ranked #2 of 30 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Capture the historic spirit of Salem's yesteryear on this award winning, daily, 90-minute walking tour. Hear stories of intriguing people, discover the truth about Salem's infamous Witch Trial Hysteria, experience the authentic story of Salem's most notorious murder, and find out what locations were used in the movie Hocus Pocus. More than fifteen stops dot the tour route, including Salem's old jail -- a one-time residence for the Boston Strangler, the site of the Old Witch Gaol (prison), the Witch Trial Memorial, the field where Giles Corey was pressed to death, and the cemetery where a Witch Trial magistrate is buried.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went on 3 tours when I stayed in Salem. Hocus Pocus was the best and it was in the wind and rain but the show still went on. She had a microphone which I appreciated since the surroundings are loud. I went on another tour and could hardly hear. I have read some people dont like mics but its needed with the surroundings. She was easy to understand and kept me interested. I am happy I chose this tour. I have alot of knowledge now about Salem and I thought I was just going for a Halloween thing. This is a great Tour. You dont want to waste your time an alright tour.

1 Thank Terri30PA

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Tour!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been on my fair share of mediocre/boring/misinformed historical tours. This was not one of them! Susan was excellent - she knew an incredible amount of information, and the way it's presented is orderly - as you walk around Salem she connects sites you've just seen to sites you're about to see, and gives a great mix of historical info, as well as a good amount of plain old fun facts.
Susan was friendly, animated and excited (even on our tour, which was on a very cold, rainy night) - I may have gotten a cold from forgetting my umbrella, but I don't regret going on this!
Very cute little banter with her husband, as well.
Highly recommended and worth the money!

Visited November 2012
Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A must do!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Susan ended the tour by saying if we found them on TripAdvisor she hopes we weren't disappointed and I can definitely say we weren't. The tour provided an amazing overview of the history of Salem, mixing in tales of murder and the witch trials with a sense of humor but also reverence for those who lost their lives. The tour held my attention the whole time and was an amazing experience. I would definitely recommend to anyone else interested in Salem - plus the addition of pointing out spots used in the movie Hocus Pocus was a big bonus!

“Fun experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The women who gave us the tour was great. Enjoyed the walk around town! She was funny and gave good stories. We enjoyed it.

Boston, Massachusetts
“MY SALEM NIGHT TOUR..”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have taken 4 tours in salem and this one by far was my favorite !!
i highly recommend this tour to any one who wants to hear a lot
about salems great history

Visited October 2012

Been to Hocus Pocus Tours? Share your experiences!