Hawthorne Hotel
The Hotel Salem(Salem)
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Danvers)
2,066 results
All reviewstavern on the greenbeautiful historic hotelrooms are smallan older hotelhalloween ballwithin walking distancethe general managerfront desk staffthe peabody essex museumtwo queen bedsfree parkingnew englandwitch museumvisiting salemthe publobbywedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hawthorne Hotel for two nights. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Salem. The staff were amazing (both at the front desk and at both of the restaurants). The food at the restaurants was delicious and the room was great. It was perfect for our needs and very close to everything!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ultimate_Glamper
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Ultimate_Glamper,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found your room and our staff to be so welcoming.

Both of our two in-house restaurants, Tavern on the Green and Nathaniel’s, offer unique atmospheres and excellent menus, and so I’m glad that you also took the opportunity to dine with us during your visit. I will be certain to pass along your compliments to our Chefs.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is very nice, but the best part about it is location. Free parking in the center of town is a great way to assure that I will stay again. You can easily walk to about anything in Salem from the Hawthorne. The hotel is almost 100 years old, but it is well maintained and has everything you need. The staff was friendly, and although I didn't eat at either of them, it is nice to have two restaurants in the hotel to choose from. I have no complaints with the Hawthorne, and if I return to Salem, this will be the hotel I stay at.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dustin T

Dear Dustin T,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our central location in historic Salem added to your trip. As you mentioned, our overnight guests are guaranteed parking, making it ideal for those who wish to check-in and immediately begin exploring all that Salem has to offer.

I appreciate your kind compliments for our staff as well, and will be certain to share your review with them.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed three nights for a wedding that also took place in the Hawthorne Hotel. Our room was a corner room and quite nice (520) with a view of the park and the Salem Witch Museum. The room was bright with great light.

My husband ate a few times at the restaurant, we brought lunch in to the bridal suite from the restaurant, and we also ate the wedding food and brunch there - food was decent. I especially liked the crab cake sandwich and my husband said the wings were very good.

I like that the hotel was historic even though it meant you couldn't control your room's individual temp. The only part I didn't like were the dark elevators but I think they're getting a face lift.

Walking distance to everything and an attached parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie D

Dear Stephanie D,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that the wedding you attended at the Hotel was just as pleasurable.

It’s great that you took advantage of our two in-house restaurants, Tavern on the Green and Nathaniel’s. As with the rest of the Hawthorne, our restaurants promise a unique atmosphere and great service. I’m pleased you enjoyed dining with us, and will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed in the Hawthorne Hotel during my trip in Salem, MA. It is a very nice hotel with very friendly staff. It has two restaurants and a few shops. The rooms are very spacious rooms and up to date. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear TheEpic1Traveler,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found your room to be well-kept and comfortable. I also appreciate your kind words for our staff, and will be certain to pass your review along to them.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed just 1 night at the Hawthorne on our way back to Boston after a driving trip up the New US East Coast. The hotel is showing its age, especially the elevators which are in need of brighter wall coverings. Our room was quite lovely, bright, clean, 2 comfortable Queen beds and the bonus was 2 full bathrooms a great perk for 2 women travelling together!
The Hawthorne is well located for visiting all the tacky and touristy witch related attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pam M

Dear PJMM2311,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. As one of the Historic Hotels of America, we do our best to maintain our historical atmosphere while still providing our modern guests with what they need.
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your room—one of our Derby Rooms—was well-suited to your needs.

We are very lucky to be ideally located in downtown Salem, placing us within walking distance of the city’s many great historic and tourist-related attractions. I hope you enjoyed Salem. We hope to see you again soon.