“A great ghost tour”

Salem Haunt and History Night Walking Tour
Ranked #5 of 31 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Salem Night Tour Salem's Best Haunt and History Tour, or History Haunt Tour!. We put History first Delivery and your comfort a close second. We are the same guides who lead Tours along Boston's Freedom Trail daily since 2003, oh now you know us.We have won awards (Salem's Best History Tour 2015) NBC's Best of MA 2008)for our approach to indulging you in Salem's most famous events and infamous history. Our 90 minute experience is lead by Salem's Best guides (we sell out fast call today)
Boston, Massachusetts
“A great ghost tour”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I have taken several ghost tours in New England and this is one of the best. I really liked the blend of Salem's tragic history and ghost stories. Our guide was very entertaining and encouraged everyone to take plenty of pictures. He even let members of our tour use an EMF detector, which is used in ghost hunting. That was definitely an interesting twist.
We were about ten minutes late but an incredibly nice staff member escorted us right to our tour. It was a wonderful experience that we plan to do again.
The store where the tour started and ended at was easy to get to from the train station, which was a big plus.

Warwick, RI
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Salem Night Tour, one of the best in Salem”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My wife & I visit Salem quite often, and have been on every walking tour. There are a few that stand out & the Salem Night Tour is one of them. This tour mixes up local legend and history, making it very entertaining. The costumed tour guides do a great job, and visit all of the right places for a Salem walking tour. This tour runs out of a very cool gift shop right on Essex St., the store is called "Remember Salem". The store has some very unique items as well. If you are planning to visit Salem, I would highly recommend this tour. We have been on this tour several times, and have never been disappointed!!

Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Salem Night Tour gives tours a family friendly tour”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The tour was absolutely wonderful. I've lived in Salem for close to a decade now, and have been on some of the tours in town. Each tour I've been on is interesting. This tour, however is very family friendly. My mother and I went on the tour last night. Our tour guide was a pirate named Seamus Crow. He made the tour fun and entertaining. He brought along an EMF reader and let three little boys who were at the front of the tour use it for the entirety of the tour. The stories were fun and exciting. For anyone wanting to bring their kids on this tour, I'd say this is the tour for you.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Cheesy, but parts of it enjoyable”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

The cheesiness factor in this is very high, but the historical information was interesting. We had an interesting and humorous guide, but stops to take photos of possible apparitions gets a little much. Others in the tour had just done a similar tour in Boston and said it was almost identical.

I recommend you go only if you can handle that.

hoyt1775, Owner at Salem Night Tour, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
We feel that this is a good review! The Night Tour is a mix of History
as you found interesting, and Ghost stories at haunted places, sounds like you
should have taken a strict history tour, should have taken our day time tour!
Salem, Massachusetts
“Best ghost tour ever!!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

My cousin and I went on this tour. The tour was amazing and our tour guide Eric dresses up like someone would be dressed in the 1600-1700s. We went to many of the haunted sights in down town Salem. I would recommend this tour than any other to people visiting Salem. We learned a lot on this tour.

Been to Salem Night Tour? Share your experiences!