“Great Memorial~”

$12.00*
Historic Overview of Salem Small-Group Walking Tour
Ranked #4 of 82 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Each of this park's 20 stone benches represents a person executed in the infamous 1692 witch trials.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was very impressed with the offerings on the stones for the lives lost. It was very busy the weekend we went but well worth the visit!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was very meaningful to me as one of the benches was to honor my ancestor who was murdered. None of these people were witches. They were ordinary people accused by a superstitious town full of fear.
The memorial is lovely and peaceful. It's very tasteful with trees and a grassy area in the
middle - quite simple but a lovely tribute.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Walking through the memorial of granite blocks becomes so sad, as you realize how horrible things went for these people. More than one person was tearing up as the names were read or stones were touched. I would have liked a plaque or something to let us know it was here, took us a double take to realize the memorial was nestled in the trees. Perhaps they are still being overlooked today....

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friends and i decide to take a tour with AAA from New Jersey we spent 2 nights in Salem
What a great time we went the week end prior to Halloween.The whole town was decorated. We took a tour of the cemetery,The memorial was for the 20 people that were hung and stoned accused of witch craft. I alway thought they were burned. I learned they did not burn witches in salem..I also took a great ghost tour of the town. We went to the house of seven gables.And the witch museum I went to alot of little shops in the area,What a great experience.
I would do this again But i would like to be here on Halloween Night.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I first experienced this memorial during a walking ghost tour but there were way too many people here to enjoy it, so I came back here the following day during daylight. On each of the 20 benches is the name of someone who was killed for witchery, the date it occurred and how, with the common method of hanging but Giles Corey was pressed to death. On the Salem Trolley Tour I actually got more info as we slowly drove by the cemetery it is next to. I would have given 5 out of 5 stars if there was info avail for each of the 20 there. The cemetery that is next to is open to the public, but advise coming during day light also. BTW, in more recent years, it is the killing of these 20 residents of Salem in the 1690's (if some where outside this decade I am sorry, not 100% sure but all the pics I took of the benches, have this decade noted) has rasied awareness of human rights, a good thing.

Been to Salem Witch Trials Memorial? Share your experiences!