“Well It Was Not My Favorite”

Salem Heritage Trail Tour
Ranked #27 of 31 Tours in Salem
New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Well It Was Not My Favorite”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I enjoyed the tour but i didnt really get the point of this!

Plano, TX
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I adored it!”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Growing up, and hearing of the tragedy of the Salem WitchTrials.. I had always wanted to visit the haunted town. My husband suprised me with the vacation and off we went. This was my first time being further north than oklahoma and I absolutely adored the hospitality and charm of Salem. The walking tour was very informative but wear comfy shoes! I now have a 7 year plan to move from Texas to Salem. I loved the place THAT much!

1 Thank singbluebird
California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Lots to see, that's for sure!”
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Spent a wonderful full day in Salem MA, followed all points of the Heritage Trail, and did a bit of wandering on my own. Besides the obvious visit to the Witch House and Museum, and all connnected with the infamous witch trails, be sure to see Pickering Wharf, and the House of Seven Gables, (they have a very good guided tour of the house and grounds), and just go where your feet take you! I loved the old burying ground, such a haunting beautiful piece of history. And of course, there is the multitude of eating places, shops, and souvenir stores. Parking isn't always easy to find, so for me it's worth paying a few dollars in a parking garage. I enjoyed my time in this city, and will go again.

7 Thank sandytravelbug
Conn.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Fantastic Historical Walking Tour of Salem”
Reviewed May 26, 2008

First trip to Salem. The city, waterfront and parks are absolutely beautiful. We were visiting for only a day so we wanted to see as much as possible. We realize now we will have to go back for at least a full weekend. The best part of our visit was a tour called "Salem's Heritage Trail". We signed up for a 3:00pm walking tour. The tour guide was a gentlemen dressed as General Timothy Pickering in period clothing. Everywhere we went people knew him, said hello and asked how he was doing. I believe he must be the most photographed man in Salem. Tim was extremely funny and very knowledgeable of Historical Salem. Half of the tour covered historical facts concerning our founding fathers and historical homes in Salem . The other half was concerning the Witch Trials and the Old Burying Grounds. We walked over to the Old Burying Grounds and the Witch Memorial. This tour was definitely the best part of our day. It is a MUST SEE- MUST DO if you are heading to Salem. Our only regret is we neglected to tip General Pickering. We went back to Essex street to find him and he was gone. We won't forget next time. We will take this tour again, it was a ton of fun.

11 Thank vskid