“our visit”

and up
Day Trip From Boston to Salem in Luxury Rolls Royce Ghost
Ranked #27 of 80 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: This small museum recounts the exploits of Captain Kidd and other 17th-century pirates.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

this was a really good museum if you like pirates and their history, if not dont go. i went with two friends who thought it was boring and didnt enjoy it because they dont really like pirates or history. i gave it 5 stars because the tour was informational and enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for New England Pirate Museum

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went with my parents my 5 yr old and my 1 1/2 yr old. We were told that we could not bring the stroller in.. so in the first rm my 1 1/2 yr old just started to fuss a little and the guy look at me and said if you can't keep you child quiet you'll have to leave. I was never even given a chance. And when I informed someone of how the tour guide acted she gave me a look like who cares. Will never be returning.

2  Thank snowangel0106
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The tour guide for the most part, was great but I understand that there are many tour guides and it depends on the one you get. The stories and history is fascinating, the displays however, for the most part could benefit from a little TLC. Even a yearly dusting of the displays would have made it a little better. I swear everything in the displays were coated in thick layers of dust. It doesn't look like it's been updated or changed in about 20 to 30 years since I last saw it as a child. The room that is a scene of a seaside dock with an Inn and ship in port however is pretty impressive. You can't beat the price of $8.00 though. But it's important to know this isn't the kind of museum that has artifacts or anything like that. It's striclty a spoken history of the local pirates with life size displays re-creating scenes from the stories told.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was very pleased with the Pirate Museum Tour,
Our guide was very good at explaining each museum room and the details behind it, it was exciting to hear and see several stories about pirates.
Recommended!

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I guess we were expecting a little more out of the tour of the museum than we got. The tour guide was very friendly & knowledgable so no complaints there. However, the displays were lackluster and the tour was very short. I don't know that I'd return, but I'm not upset about spending $8 to go.