“LOVED IT!!!”

and up
Day Trip From Boston to Salem in Luxury Rolls Royce Ghost
Ranked #14 of 80 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: After a trial reenactment, visitors tour the recreated dungeon where the condemned witches were sent.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Story was very well told by Emily (I believe her name was), the re-enactment at the beginning was awesome, very well done, accents and all :D

The tour of the "dungeon" gives you a believable feeling of what these poor people had gone thru.

It was a very small group, in fact there was only 6 people all together which was great, everyone got to ask questions without feeling like anyone was waiting for anyone.

At one point my daughter felt a bit frightened and Emily (??) offered to hold her hand thru it, that's OUTSTANDING care, you don't see often!

The story won't change but we would visit again for sure.

2  Thank BeachBumz4
There are newer reviews for Witch Dungeon Museum

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The tour guide was really enthusiastic and a lot of fun! She was very informative. The reenactment of Elizabeth Proctor's trial was well acted for a museum. The tour guide took us down to the recreation of the witch dungeon to shows the different cells sizes and show us the beam from the original dungeon and says all women who rub beam will have good luck! A few reviewers say they wish it was longer of a tour, I personally think it was just enough time to keep everyone interested and entertained. (get the package with the 3 museum tours, worth the money to see all 3)

1  Thank Mrsoleary928
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The tour guide was really enthusiastic and her dialogue was both interesting and informative. The reenactment of Elizabeth Proctor's trial was well acted but pretty short. Following that, the tour guide takes the group down to the recreation of the witch dungeon which shows the different cells and tortures used at the time. I enjoyed my visit but I have to agree with the other reviewers that it could be longer.

2  Thank Catriona C
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spent the weekend of the 4th of July in Salem and visited most of the museums. They all have a lot in common, they are mostly dummies and people telling stories for more or less the same money. So at the end of the day it comes down to who tells the best story. We were very lucky that Haley was our guide. The tour was fun and informative. There are some lucky students out there that get to enjoy learning from somebody who makes history so much fun.

3  Thank Cris A
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I liked that they did a reenactment of the trials so you better understand. Afterwards, you go down in the dungeon which I think is pretty neat to see.

Been to Witch Dungeon Museum? Share your experiences!