“Informative, but somewhat over-rated!”
Review of Salem Witch Museum

and up
Go Boston Card
Ranked #17 of 78 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors experience the panic of the Witch Trials of 1692 through this museum's dramatic use of sets and lighting. *PLEASE NOTE* - The Museum will be closed for the month of January for upgrades and maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Ellicott City, Maryland
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Informative, but somewhat over-rated!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Since the museum is Salem's most visited museum, I guess I was expecting more. The presentation of the story of Salem's witch trials was informative, but the wax figures looked pretty worn. The second part of the museum was very small. No photography allowed anywhere in the museum. The gift shop was huge! I'm glad I visited this museum, but I think it is somewhat over-rated!

1 Thank Joyce S

• Turkish first
Eastman, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Witch Museum”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Was excited to see the witch museum and it was located across the street from our hotel, i could see the museum from my window. At night it was erie when lit up. The building was very historic and interesting. But as for the the inside... well it was so so. The witch trial was so so too. but there is alot of shopping in their store.

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Dated”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This museum told the story of the witch trial in an interesting way but the wax figurines looked very dated and worn. My seven year old twins liked it and I was just hoping for then to get some history without getting scared so I was satisfied.

1 Thank Scouts4
Elizabethtown, KY
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A little hokey and cheesy”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The outside facade is interesting (and pretty at night) and makes
one believe the inside and tour will be fabulous, not so much. The
program gave some good information, but seemed very weird from the start, its hard to explain how. Not sure it would be a
recommendation from me for one to visit while in Salem.

1 Thank pugmom819
Toronto
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A little Overrated”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The presentation of the witch trials was okay but not quite what I thought it was going to be; I thought there was going to be a more "interactive" live theatre and therefore I was disappointed. The rest of the "museum" was just basically a store for them to sell their wares. So, be prepared for a long wait to get in to the place for a bit of a let down. Many people in the room when we were there felt the same way.

Visited October 2011

Been to Salem Witch Museum? Share your experiences!