“Has some drawbacks”

Loggers Bar & Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Hotel staff recommended it as the best restaurant in the area. It was okay - clean,. average food. No one mentioned the specials, though there was a placard on the table. It is nicely lit and no smoking. The food was okay - nothing to rave about, but certainly passable. The menu has steaks, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, etc. I had a burger and they were accommodating about subbing onions for mushrooms. The server was pleasant and the food came quickly.

Some specials during the week are meant for 2 (buy one, get one) which is useless to me when I'm alone on business. There is a pool table in the midst of the "front room" and the noise of clacking pool balls was irritating. Maybe if you were sitting around the corner in the "back room", it would be okay but it definitely was annoying, as was the loud shouts from the players.

loggers, Owner at Loggers Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2015

I personally gaurantee above average at loggers. Plz call me to make it up to u. Tx dave 6512698120.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Was on a day trip to see the Fall leaves. There were mixed reviews on TripVisor. Decided to give Loggers a chance for lunch. Decor was nice. Service was OK. Food was average. My husband had the soup d'jour, was average. I had the Philly Steak sandwich. It was OK. Beef was ok, but sandwich was small au Jus was like a bouillon cube. Had onion rings. Too thick cut & not crispy enough. Probably will not go back.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Not much to say about Logger's... Service was great, cute location but the food was just ok... The soup my Father-In-Law ordered was so salty that he couldn't finish half of it either... Drinks were great but it's tough to mess up a beer & wine order... Next...

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Came to St. Croix Falls for a few days of R&R, and went to Logger's based on a Thursday specail they were running. But I can honestly say, "soecial or not", my Sirloin Steak was one of the best I have ever had. And the onion rings that came with it? Over the top. My wife & daughter had the grilled salmon, with a whiskey glaze sauce on the side... you could dip an old shoe in this sauce, and it would taste great. I stole their sauce and put it on my steak! Their salmon was cooked perfectly, and tasted great. I could not say enough about the attitude of the hostess (didn't catch her name), but more importantly, our waitress, Amber. She was spot on one of the best waitresses I have ever had - a great attitude, informative and all around, just the kind of server anyone would want. Lastly, Loggers was clean, and the ambiance gives you the feel of a Northern Minnnesota lodge.The fantastic attitude of the staff tells me alot about the owners and leadership of Loggers - they know how to hire the kind of people that bring back customers like myself (that are not easily impressed).

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my second visit to Loggers. It was a Wednesday night and they were not to busy.
The menu and table top ad mentioned all the specials. My waitress couldn't tell me what beers they offered for the nightly special, then disappeared for a while. I ordered the hanger steak and salad. Well the steak came out, but no salad, which I had to ask for. She did not respond to "thank you" or other simple polite talk. It was a very negative dining experience. The steak was on the tough side. There will be no third trip to here.

I personally gaurantee all is above average at loggers. Please call me to make things right. Tx dave 6512698120