“Love this little place”
Review of The Vegetarian

The Vegetarian
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Authentic northern and southern Indian cuisine. Dumm aloo, naan, uthappam, dosa, curry dishes, desserts, and more.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I like spicy food and that is what you get here. certainly you can order your food prepared with mild spice, but that isn't my thing.

Have eaten here several times and really like it. Each time I get something different and I have to say the only thing I could complain about is ordering an appetizer that was so good that it ruined my ability to eat the main entree. that's certainly not the chef's fault!

Food is good, service is good as well - if you go in when they are busy you may have to wait a bit longer since the food is prepared to order.

1  Thank NancyLee46

Reviewed October 3, 2012

As a diehard carnivore, I was pretty skeptical, especially about vegetarian place in such a small town. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised. We were waited on by the owner/cook's daughter. She was VERY helpful and very nice and made excellent suggestions. The food was GREAT. We'll be back!

1  Thank JCasterton
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Middle Eastern food with good wine list, very friendly staff -- owner seeks out every table! Fun place! This menu and my palate not well-matched, but the place is busy, and I'm happy to see it in a small town where pizza and steaks predominate.

1  Thank hartman551
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This charming restaurant is nestled into the heart of downtown St Croix Falls. The waiter helped us choose between many appetizing items and we were not disappointed. Our meal included the appetizer sampler, dal makhani, kadhi mushroom mutter, masala dosa and garlic nan. Each entree averaged around $10. The mushrooms were outstanding and a sure success for any diner. The nan was out of this world but would go with the tandoori nan rather than with the added garlic (although both are made on site and you not be disappointed with either).

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is an excellent restaurant; the entrees were very tasty, with really fresh ingredients. I loved the nan bread--the best I've had anywhere. The prices were extremely reasonable--about $10 per meal. Good seasonal beer selection as well. The owner came to our table and greeted us very courteously--he clearly took pride in his restaurant. If you are staying in St. Croix Falls and love great food, Vegetarian is worth the stop.

1  Thank Tim V