“Great Value and Friendly Service”
Review of Dalles House Motel

Dalles House Motel
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I showed up late at night after a rough day of traveling and not being able to find a place to stay. I was very happy to find a reasonable rate with a very clean facility and friendly staff.
In the morning at a nice simple continental breakfast I enjoyed a great cup of coffee and good conversation with the Owner of the Hotel. I have never stayed at a decent hotel and meet the owner taking care of his customers needs personally! Great Service I would defiantly stay again. As an older hotel this property has a lot of charm and the biggest hotel pool I have ever seen.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night back in June of this year - we'd been to a wine tasting dinner and didn't want to drive back to the cities that late, and after all the wine. The front desk "staff" (just one guy) was pleasant, but not overly friendly. The room was clean but in serious need of updating. It took quite a while for the water to warm in the shower - the first few minutes were down right cold. We never felt at all threatened the night we stayed, but we did jokingly liken it to "the kind of motel you always see in the teenage slasher movies."
Sorry, but we'll stay at the Holiday Inn on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lm55417
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed two nights. Older motel but clean rooms and all we needed and expected for the rate. Big snow on our weekend helped us enjoy the local ski hill. Pool a bit older but big and warm after a day on the slopes.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My siblings and I met in St Croix Falls for a reunion; we remembered The Dalles House as THE place to stay. Once we got there, most of my sibs refused to stay. We'd booked well in advance, but our reservations and requirements meant nothing when we arrived. That was disappointing, but everything looked so run down. I stuck it out, since I didn't plan to be in the room that much. The only good thing was the excellent pool.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I love the decor - it is not American plastic like most hotels/motels that all look the same. Older, quality furnishings.

The pool is excellent, and I love the sauna. Service is excellent, and the people at the desk are nice and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

it's run down in need of overhaul,
i was working in area and needed a cheep place to crash, it worked for me,
there are other hotels in area yes there nice but higher price,

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Missing light switches, Broken mirrors, no clean cups in the rooms, stained sheets, old mended linens, no juices or water for young children at breakfast only coffee, rude customer service, smells on the inside, toilets did not work properly. All in all very disappointed! This is a beautiful place on the outside, but a major disappointment on the inside. Needs new management and a remodel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Croix Falls
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 2 in Chisago City
12 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Chisago City

Been to Dalles House Motel? Share your experiences!