I know, the Holiday Inn Express is not the sort of place naturally associated with Valentine's Day, but this is the closest hotel to the fiancee's favorite restaurant, so Holiday Inn Express it was.
We got the deluxe room, and upon crossing the threshold were instantly greeted with a smell that brought back fond memories. My fiancee and I met at a romantic little meat packing plant in Iowa, and this room smelled so much like the day we first met, well, lets just say romance was certainly in the air. We set down our bags, and were amazed at the creative architecture that pulled the jacuzzi tub from the bathroom where most people place them and put it square in the middle of the living room. Being a rather sedentary type, I appreciated the easy access this provided to the mini-fridge, the desk AND the bed. Walking out of the bathroom is for suckers. I only wish the toilet had been located in the main room also. As we tried to sleep, the owners of the hotel were nice enough to install a white noise machine. I think that is what it was. Is white noise what the call a heater that sputters and bangs all night, spitting out various air temperatures that always keep you guessing? I think that is what they call them. Anyway, the pillows were as luxurious as sleeping on a hard-sided suitcase, and the quilt was so thoroughly stained, the patterns that were made by the variety pack of the bodily fluids of previous guests had up playing guess that shape all night. I only wish we had children, as apparently the proprietors walk a number of massive circus animals up and down the hallway outside each of the rooms for quite a long time every morning. We never got to see the animals, but simply heard the impressive amount of noise that accompanied them on their extended journey. After a quick stop at the continental breakfast, we were instantly impressed with the apparent cross-promotion they were running with the local dentist. When even the donuts can crack teeth, you know you have struck marketing gold. And don't get me started on the quality of the coffee. It was A+ in a reverse grading system where F grade coffee is considered to be the best.
We even got to interact with the hotel after leaving. My fiancee forgot her hair dryer in the room, and we were told that the hotel would be more than willing to mail it to us. After agreeing to put the shipping cost on the card we had used to reserve the room, they offered to take an additional $5 for their troubles. That saved me that always thorny issue of having to figure out how much of a tip to provide for a service that other hotels offer as a simple courtesy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, St. Croix Falls is the place to stay when visiting the scenic St. Croix River Valley. Whether business or pleasure brings you to the Valley, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel, St. Croix Falls is the ideal hotel to be your home away from home. Featuring the area's largest swimming pool/spa, a complete 24-hour fitness center, a hospitality room with a stone fireplace and flexible meeting space. Holiday Inn Express Hotel, St. Croix Falls offers guests some of the finest amenities in the St. Croix River Valley. We offer free high-speed Internet access (wired and wireless) throughout the hotel and extending to the adjacent Our Place Cafe. Our complimentary deluxe breakfast features new hot items as well as the famous cinnamon rolls exclusively for Holiday Inn Express Hotels and our signature Smart Roast Coffee. Guest rooms offer you a wide choice of accommodations, including double Queens and King suites. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel, St. Croix Falls places you within easy reach of all business, shopping, dining and outdoor attractions for Polk County, WI and Chicago County, MN, including historic Taylors Falls, MN. Nearby businesses: Hazelden, Polaris, St Croix Regional Medical Center, Northwire, & Bernick s Pepsi. Nearby attractions: Wild Mountain, Trollhaugen, Interstate Park, Koppellah Speedway, & Krooked Kreek Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley Hotel Saint Croix Falls
- Holiday Inn Saint Croix Falls
- Saint Croix Falls Holiday Inn