“Excellent service”

Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent service”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Customer service is unbelievable.Dominac at the front desk was fantastic . He asked his boss if we could put our bikes under the gazebo , to protect them from the bad bad weather that was approaching . He went above and beyond the call of duty. I 'm sure his has no idea want that meant to us.

Stayed June 2013
HotelStaffSCF, Owner at Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express, and that our staff was able to make your stay memorable. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel has all the bases covered. My room was clean. The staff was welcoming and helpful. The included breakfast was convenient and tasty. My favorite thing was that everywhere you looked there was an electrical outlet. Every lamp in my room had an outlet. I could charge my cell phone overnight on the nightstand, while my computer charged on the desk, while my iPad charged on the end table. My only suggestions to the management would be to add an inexpensive soap dish for the bathroom counter for wet soap.

Room Tip: We were traveling as a couple. The King Studio was perfect for us and it was nice to have a wet bar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HotelStaffSCF, Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. It is always our goal to provide a comfortable and productive environment for our guests. The soap dish is a great suggestion! We look forward to seeing you again.
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently stayed here for business and the room was clean, the staff was pleasant and I would stay again. As for the breakfast, it is basic but fine to start the day. There is a restaurant in the parking lot if you want more variety for breakfast. It is very close to a grocery store and a Walmart in case you need snacks. Also, the shower pressure was fabulous with no lack of hot water!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel on your recent business trip. We aim to provide a comfortable place for our guests to work and relax. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to the area.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 9, 2013

the Mirichael ownership team has made this hotel outstanding. I have stayed approximately 45 days within the last three months at this hotel and everything is perfect; the food is good and warm and plentful, the rooms are kept immaculate, there is no loud noises at night, the water is hot when needed and cold when you want a drink of water. There is a pool and spa which is open lots of hours and even an exercise room. The staff is courteous and always ready to suggest places to visit. They even have their own restaurant called Our Place which is just outside the main door of the hotel. I was impressed by the original oil paintings that hang in the dining, meeting and hall ways of the hotel. These paintings by Anne-Marit Bergstrom make the hotel seem like my own home. The hotel is close to highway 8 and across the highway is a Wal-Mart and several fast-food places. There is even a car dealership nearby in case one needs work done on the vacation automobile.
All-in-all if strongly recommend this hotel and will stay there again and again.
JetPilotPoet

Room Tip: there are suites available and all rooms have nice views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, NY
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was in town for two weeks on business. The amenities are great, from the pool to the work out room everything looked nice and was very well maintained. The room was very nice and tremendously clean, which is saying a lot because I am a bit of a neat freak. Location is perfect right off one of the main roads in the county, with a nice family dinner right in front that you can walk to. All of this would have made my stay perfectly fine but what put it over the top was the staff. Every morning I was greeted with a smile and a hello, everyone was very helpful, and the cleaning staff was very helpful as far as working around my schedule. Could not have gone any better, and like my title states I would highly recommend this for anyone traveling to the area weather its for business or with family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a hockey tournament. It was very busy, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast wasn't spectacular, just okay. It was a nice hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I very rarely spend time in Holiday Inn or IHG hotels, as they aren't a preferred vendor for my work travel and I get better rewards and perks at other hotel chains. However, this hotel is one of the few in the area for when I visit family, so it occasionally gets my business.

The rooms are clean, the breakfast is decent enough for a continental plus style, and the pool is fairly large compared to most places.

I would stay here for one or two nights as a step-up from the local motel/hotel options, but I can't imagine staying here longer than that. It's comfortable, but not THAT comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Forest Lake
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Richmond
Osceola River Valley Inn
AmericInn Lodge & Suites North Branch

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley? Share your experiences!