“Highly recommend for anyone coming to the area”

Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Rochester, NY
“Highly recommend for anyone coming to the area”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was in town for two weeks on business. The amenities are great, from the pool to the work out room everything looked nice and was very well maintained. The room was very nice and tremendously clean, which is saying a lot because I am a bit of a neat freak. Location is perfect right off one of the main roads in the county, with a nice family dinner right in front that you can walk to. All of this would have made my stay perfectly fine but what put it over the top was the staff. Every morning I was greeted with a smile and a hello, everyone was very helpful, and the cleaning staff was very helpful as far as working around my schedule. Could not have gone any better, and like my title states I would highly recommend this for anyone traveling to the area weather its for business or with family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Minnesota
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a hockey tournament. It was very busy, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast wasn't spectacular, just okay. It was a nice hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I very rarely spend time in Holiday Inn or IHG hotels, as they aren't a preferred vendor for my work travel and I get better rewards and perks at other hotel chains. However, this hotel is one of the few in the area for when I visit family, so it occasionally gets my business.

The rooms are clean, the breakfast is decent enough for a continental plus style, and the pool is fairly large compared to most places.

I would stay here for one or two nights as a step-up from the local motel/hotel options, but I can't imagine staying here longer than that. It's comfortable, but not THAT comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Symrna TN
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am a long term resident at HIE-SCF, 24 weeks and counting. Everyone is extremely nice. The are very attentive and helpful, going out of their way to make sure I am happy week after week. My spouse visited for a few weeks, he continues to brag about the breakfast. We have stayed at many HIE and he is convinced SCF's is the best of them all. The rooms are large and comfortable. They also have a well equipment fitness room and are large pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a good hotel in an area where there is not a lot of choices. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The fitness center is excellent and above average for a Holiday Inn Express. They have a lovely pool and hot tub area. We stayed for two nights while visiting family in the area and would definitely stay again. Breakfast looked great - eggs, bacon, oatmeal, bagels, etc... we didn't partake as we met family for breakfast both days, but it seemed like a very good value as it was included with the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I just returned from a wonderful stay at this hotel. I didn't know what to expect as I had never been to the area before, but I was delighted by both the area and the hotel. First things first, the hotel is a beautiful, newly renovated Express with large rooms, nice great room to relax in, extra large pool & hot tub - up to date fitness center as well. The decor is very appealing. Best of all, however, was the staff. The people at the desk were polite and went out of their way to make my stay perfect (I travel alot so I can be demanding :) ). They were knowledgeable about the area and went the extra mile to answer questions and suggest things to do. As for the area, what fun! I got to see fall colors, and get a taste of midwestern charm. I will definitely be back, seems there is something for each season.

Room Tip: I was booked in a regular room and found it very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've never been in this area, and this was the safest bet. What a pleasant surprise. Newly updated, excellent large fitness area and pool. The decor was tasteful and artsy. The staff match the hotel, friendly and professional. I had a spotless, quiet room on the 3rd floor. Just wished it had a real desk. The breakfast area was large and served above average foods. I was totally happy about this stay. It's a scenic area, with plenty of places to eat and of course your local Wal-Mart. The hotel is off the main road, so it is quiet; and has a restaurant in front of it too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Forest Lake
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Richmond
Osceola River Valley Inn
AmericInn Lodge & Suites North Branch

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley? Share your experiences!