“Sights around Tucson”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tucson

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 helpful votes
“Sights around Tucson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2006

I have personally had 2 visits to the Tucson area in the past year. Wow, there is so much to see and do. So many state parks, all of the different cactus and a great Desert Museum which is great for the kids and adults. Within driving distance for a short trip is Tombstone which is great with Boothill Cemetary and the town itself. I would highly recommend this city and if I wasn't too young to retire I would be living there.

4 Thank diane f
“Anniversary in Tucson”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2004

Albeit a bit cold during the month of December, we had a great time visiting the hot spots to see in Tucson. The sky's were alive with an incoming storm, but we were still able to see all the sites.

The Living Desert was very interesting, featuring plants and animal life of the Sonora Desert.

The Titan Missile Museum was an awe inspiring site. We visited the control room, the actual silo which contained a never before fueled Titan Missile, and the surrounding equipment above ground.

The Pima Air & Space Museum is the 3rd largest museum of aircraft, next to the Smithsonian and Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio. Acres of land devoted to showing the worlds different type of aircraft.

Biosphere 2 was so much more interesting that I had ever thought it could be. Imagine going to space! This is the type of building that allows us to develop systems to keep us alive in a brand new environment. Many technological marvels have come from the engineering of this building.

The Karchner Caverns! Rates in the 10 best caverns in the United States. Discovered in the early 1990's and kept secret until the state of Arizona could muster the funds to make it comfortable for people to visit and maintain in pristeen condition. Disappointed in that I was unable to take pictures inside because of the many rules imposed to keep the caverns in great condition. I hope this no-photo rule is changed sometime soon.

We found many great restaurants serving authentic Mexican food. Tucson was quite a wonderful surprise and enjoyed our visit immensely.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Tucson, a great place to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2003

I have just returned from a month long trip to Tucson and I must say I enjoyed every minute! My one gripe is the public transport system. For a city as vast as Tucson and as a visitor with a very limited budget, buses were a rare occurance and the journey`s were very limited. Please important people of Tucson, improve the bus system as everything else in your lovely city is absolutely great. People and very friendly in Tucson and have some great things to say so be prepared for some long chats in the heat of the Arizona sun. Temperatures were perfect for our stay between early April and May not to hot (average of 80-90 f) although a visit to the Sonara Dessert museum should be considered for the early morning as opposed to lunchtime as it can get very hot when you are walking around in this wonderful dessert environment. A very good place to go if you would like to see the amazing goings on in dessert terrain. All sorts of dessert animals and plants are encorporated on this visit. A trip to the Catilina Foothills Mall is also an enlighting experience as things are not as expensive as you think. A very nice shopping mall with bargins galore! A good place to eat on a small budget is Soup & Salads. You pay $5 and eat as much as you want. Fresh pasta, Salads and of course ice-cream are all very tasty and very good value for money. We stayed in Midvale with my wonderful brother and also in the north of Tucson by the foothills. Both were amazing experiences due to the beautifullandscape and the lovely people we meet everywhere we went. Tucson is a laid back friendly town, do not pass it by. You will not be dissapointed. A big thankyou to my brother and everyone who made it possible for us to place Tucson firmly in our hearts.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2002

We went to visit friends that moved there a few years ago,and my wife fell in love with it.it looks like
the place that we want to retire.I want to be warm when I retire.The area has everything thing we could want.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Tucson? Share your experiences!