“Could become a regular hangout”
Review of Nimbus American Bistro - CLOSED

Nimbus American Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pima/Wilmot
Houston, TX
“Could become a regular hangout”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Went here for the first time on a Monday. And boy was I glad I did. $1.50 all Nimbus craft brews all night! Apart from their own beer they also have a decent selection of other draft beers. I didn't bother straying away from the bar the rest of the night.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TheAnswer

Tucson, Arizona
“Quality Has Slid”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Myself and friends or me and my family would come here often in the early days and I myself have eaten very tasty burgers, sides, and sandwiches at this location. Came here last weekend with my husband and two young kids. My husband had a burger and sweet potato fries and me the macaroni and cheese with fried zucchini to share with everybody and the kids. It was weird . . . nearly everything was overcooked and had a strange bitter flavor. Maybe bad oil or just inexperienced cook. My husband liked his burger just fine but the zucchini and fries were overcooked a bit. My macaroni had a strange scorched flavor. Everything with the macaroni looked fine, but tasted like they had scorched the sauce; it was nearly inedible. I found the hostesses and all the wait staff to be very nice and professional. They gave us sheets to color on and crayons for the kids; we had to ask, but that was fine. Everything inside looked nice and clean and all the football games were going on different tvs, which was nice. The place was exceedingly quiet though and I remember the days when it first opened and would be packed with a Sunday lunch crowd, but now its quiet. They really need to work on this, its still a great place, but obviously hit and miss with regards to food.

• Visited November 2013
ttr25
“Good Sandwiches - Lukewarm Beer”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Nice atmosphere, lots of families on a recent Friday night. We ordered the Philly and the French Dip. Both were hot and very tasty. The beer my husband ordered was a bit too warm, but my glass of wine was very good. The salad dressing I ordered was a bit weird. It was supposed to be balsamic and olive oil, but it was gelatinous. Our server was very prompt and polite. We will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“A different kind of sports pub”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was very impressed with the overall atmosphere of the restaurant. It is quite large with enough side rooms and outdoor seating to hold a huge bash or several smaller groups. There are plenty of TVs that are available to watch your favorite game no matter where you are sitting. From the decorations at the front door, they let you know that they support and show all U of A games, as well as other games in the PAC 10. In terms of being a sports pub, it was nice and light and airy. I could actually read their menu which covers much more than the typical bar/pub food. My companion and I had the Bleu Cheese Burger and the Patty Melt. Both burgers were very good. They were fresh and quite juicy. They offer a full compliment of side dishes as well as their own brews. I would eat here again. My only word of advice is that the restaurant is on a curve on the south side of Tanque Verde just east of where it joins Wilmont. Even though I had done the MapQuest and thought I knew where it was, the restaurant snuck past me. Several U-turns later, we finally found the restaurant. All in all it was a good experience.

• Visited September 2013
El Paso, Texas
“Great place for Burgers and Beer”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We purchased a Groupon for Nimbus on a visit to Tucson for our anniversary. We decided to use it our first evening after a nice hike in nearby Sabino Canyon. Boy did it hit the spot after an afternoon enjoying the outsoors in the sun!
Even without a Groupon, this place would have been well worth visiting. The burgers were huge and tasty, and the craft beers were flavorful and unique.
You may need to go somewhere else for dessert (they only have one option-a half baked cookie with ice cream), but you should find everything else for a solid meal with a couple of beers!
If you're into the brew pub thing, this place will not disappoint!

Visited September 2013