“Don't pass this without stopping!”
Review of Claire's Cafe

Claire's Cafe
Ranked #342 of 2,092 Restaurants in Tucson
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I along with another couple were looking for a palce to eat in january 2013. We almost missed this great restaurant and had to turn around to get back to it. We were glad we did. This is a real find, a small place with with the owner present and a freindly, helpful staff. The menue was extensive for such a small place. We each ordered something different. I had a vegatable sandwich and I have been looking for another one as good with no success. One person in our group had breakfast with pancakes, eggs and bacon. Another had a Mexican dish. Everyone thought the food and service outstanding. It is an interesting little place with art and jewelry nicely displayed. Places like this are hard to find so try it when in the area.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been going to Claire's Cafe for about 5 years when I visit my parents in Tucson. They have consistently delicious food with very generous portions and good service. They also offer home baked gluten free breads and sweets from Gluten Free Girls in Tucson. Give them a try when you want a great breakfast!

1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Claire is the owner...down home cooking and good people! The omelets are awesome as well as the coffee!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have eaten weekly at Claires for 25 years. On the menu, Jim's grits is a recipie brought in by myself through one of the previous cooks (Missy). This is Claires. The menu items are very good and always to order. It has a small, home town feel right here in our big, busy world. The wait staff is excellent and attentive. Claire also runs a gallery of art and jewelry items.

One of my favorite menu items is a feta and spinache omlete. All her omlettes are very good, she cooks with eggs. So many restuarants use that other stuff. Here it is breakfast and lunch, she closes at 2PM. When on a day trip north stop at Claires for a very good breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Claire's is located north of the Town of Oro Valley in the unincorporated village of Catalina, Arizona. It's on the east side of Highway 77 (Oracle Road) in a small strip center between a florist and a hardware store. It's worth the drive if you're in northern Pima County or southern Pinal County.

The service is very friendly and the food is fresh and made on site. My favorite is the veggie sandwich which is more like a huge fresh vegetable salad piled on two pieces of multi-grain bread that dares you to pick it up in two hands and try to eat it like a sandwich. I always get the fruit on the side. My husband loves the veggie burger with fries.

There is local art on the walls and locally made jewelry in the display case by the register.