“Excellent Event & Event Planner”

Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
tucson, az
“Excellent Event & Event Planner”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently had a baby shower for my daughter at this venue. The Event Planner, Jan, was an incredible help, worked with my budget and, in general, made this an excellent event for my daughter. The food was delicious, prepared and served right on time. There was no rush to get us out at the end of the event. Our lead hostess, Carmen, did an excellent job, going far above and beyond was was required. They used extra flowers we had to decorate the food table, and just assisted and provided suggestions all along the way.

I have held business meetings/offsites at this hotel a number of times and have never had an issue. Everything is always done well and on time.

I recommend this venue for any type of event!

Room Tip: While this is an airport hotel, there is no noise from the airport. I would recommend rooms on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Prov31Momontheroad
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to help create a special event for your daughter. I'll share your kind words with Jan and Carmen, they will be thrilled to hear the compliments, we value them on the team and I'm thankful to have them. We look forward to your next event and thank you again for spreading the word.
Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Even though it is listed as at the airport, never heard any noise from air traffic. Was easy to get to from the interstate and parking was plentiful and easy from either the front of the building or the back. Had self use laundry machines which were plentiful. Hotel was clean and had a new feel and the front desk personnel (especially Blanca) and the breakfast staff were great. Highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for the great recommendation and such nice comments regarding the staff, Blanca will be thrilled to see your kind words. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tucson.
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed two nights. Breakfast was great. Gym is awesome. It is well stocked, clean, and large. Room was great. Got upgrade to suite which is always a nice touch. Front desk service was very helpful. Plenty of places to run nearby as there are sidewalks for miles and miles. About a 10 minute walk to the airport if you like. Limited food selections nearby but plenty of options within 10 minute drive

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you were upgraded and if available we always like to upgrade our repeat customers. The next time you are at the hotel please stop by the Great American Grill we have just launched a new menu and the feedback so far has been great.
See you next time.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay. The pool is really nice, the bed was big and comfy. The staff were great, the hotel is very clean and breakfast was hot and good. We stayed in the JR suite and it was so big and roomy my kids love it. There is plenty of fast food resturants, resturants, and gas stations around very convient. We will absoultely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review, the staff and I appreciate you taking the time to review us. I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed the pool, the only hotel with a lazy river at the airport. We look forward to you and your family returning.
Enjoy your summer.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I’m a HHonors member. I try to stay at Hilton properties whenever I travel.

I stayed here for four nights as part of a religious convention. During the last few years, I’ve stayed at the Hilton Tucson East for the convention. I decided this year to change it up a bit and it was a great decision! This property was wonderful! All common areas were very clean, including the lobby, hallways, and the Great American Grill (hotel café.)

I had a room on the 3rd floor that was GREAT. It was quiet, clean, and I got some AMAZING rest.

Blanca at the Front Desk was exceptionally nice and always willing to help with whatever I needed during my stay.

The Fitness Center is great. I used the elliptical machine to keep up my fitness regimen while on travel. The equipment was in good condition, along with the facility being quite clean as well. There are TV monitors on the equipment as well as a large flat screen TV in in the free weight area.

The Great American Grill has good food and it's not too pricy. I ate there for dinner and enjoyed it. If you don’t want to eat in the hotel, there are PLENTY of restaurants nearby including Denny’s, Waffle House (we ate here), Arby’s (we ate here too-lunch!), Wendy’s, Subway, Golden Corral (surprisingly good food and great service), and Burger King.

Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd Floor, away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tygar
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the outstanding review, we pride ourselves on delivering top notch service. I will share your comments with Blanca; she will be excited to see her name posted on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at the Great American Grill, we just launched a new menu and you are one of the first to comment on it, so great news for us. Come see us again next time you’re in town for the convention.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Pros: VERY clean, fantastic house keeping, nice amenities, good food, updated rooms.

Cons: Front desk staff poorly trained. Example: After handing credit card and drivers license to clerk I was given a room key and told to enjoy my stay. We had no clue where to go, no idea where luggage carts were, no direction given what-so-ever. Wheres The elevator? Where's the pool? is it open? Best place to park? NO INFO given at all!!

Biggest Complaint (and this falls into the 'no info given' category: For 3 nights of sleeping on a hard-as-cement mattress when we checked out there was a small sign about how to adjust the firmness of the mattress!! Oh my gosh!!! That info would have been VERY helpful had someone told us OR if there was info cards on the beds or something to that
effect. We feel as though we've been beat up after sleeping on that mattress and that didn't have to happen.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, my apologies for the unacceptable check in process, we should have covered all that information upon arrival. Our staff has been trained to cover all of these and I'm extremely disappointed that we missed all of them; I will follow up with the staff to make certain this does not happen again. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel and cleanliness, our Housekeeping staff does a great job.
Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and it will be corrected immediately.
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I love that this place had a room with two king beds and a sofa sleeper. great clean, huge rooms. there is nothing to eat in this town and the restaurant across the street is way over priced but the hotel itself is just lovely.best staff too.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Michelle P
Thank you for the outstanding review, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay in one of our Junior Suites; we have many different room categories to meet the needs of any traveler. There is not many quality restaurants surrounding the hotel but next time please visit our own restaurant "The Great American Grill", we have just launched a new menu and if you desire something different our Chef will be able to create a custom dish.
Thank you again.