“Excellent Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a colleague (who was also staying at the hotel) that needed assistance at the restaurant because he only spoke Spanish. Carmen helped him and was wonderful. I have stayed many times at your hotel and she is excellent in all aspects. Very professional and cordial. She went above and beyond when helping us and I, as well as my colleague, really appreciated her help. You need more people like her! Great job!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel and specifically Carmen, she was ecstatic when I shared your comments with her. Carmen has been with the hotel since we opened and serves all of guests during breakfast and lunch. We are excited she made such an impact on your stay, we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay on an overnight trip so I could visit the Pima Air Museum. A search for hotels nearby brought up this hotel, off the same road the air museum is on, just about five minutes away. I enjoy swimming and saw that the hotel had not only a pool, but a lazy river. From the moment of check in, service was excellent. The front desk agents on duty were friendly and warm. They informed me about the hotel's restaurant and got me to my room quickly. Just a few minutes later I was off to the pool and lazy river to relax. The water was nice for mid May--seemed a bit cold at first but was nice once fully immersed. The pool water was crisp and clean and the lazy river had a nice, strong current. The pool/river was a bit shallow but fine for me. What a nice touch for an airport hotel!

I didn't eat dinner at the hotel but I did enjoy my room. It was fairly quiet, had a nice TV and was well lit. The hotel had a nice business center with free Internet, so I was able to catch up on email. The next morning I had breakfast, and for $10 it included not only a made to order breakfast, but also a full buffet. The food was delicious and the service was again friendly--the same front desk agent who checked me in the previous day also served breakfast. I checked out early having enjoyed my stay here--if I visit Tucson again I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thanks for your wonderful posting, the staff and I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. The lazy river is a great amenity and I'm certain it was really relaxing after a long day at the Pima Air & Space Museum. Thank you for recognizing my staff, we recognize that delivering top notch service is what separates us from our competition. We hope to see you gain when your travels bring you through Tucson. Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was attending a business meeting nearby and the location of this hotel was perfect.

Pros: The hotel seems relatively new, is clean, and the staff were very friendly. Getting around the Tucson area from this hotel is very easy with a vehicle. The hotel is in a relatively unpopulated area of Tucson. There are a few chain restaurants nearby, and the area becomes very quiet after hours.

Cons: I had the flashing lights from the fire alarm (but not the audible alarm) go off randomly one night. This was reported to the front desk and was apparently fixed later that day as it didn't happen again. The soundproofing is very poor - I could hear talking from the room on one side, snoring from the room on the other side, and a squeaking floor from above.

1  Thank LGIrl

Thank you for sharing your experience and acknowledging the friendly staff at the hotel, we take great pride in delivering hospitality to our guests' and extremely clean accommodations. We are looking at ways to make the environment within the hotel quieter. We do understand that sometimes things go wrong but I'm very pleased that the staff reacted quickly to your blinking alarm so you were not inconvenienced on your second night. We hope to see you again real soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager

Reviewed May 6, 2013

After my stay the hotel emailed me to complete a survey about my stay. At the completion of the survey the last screen asked me to submit a review on Trip Advisor. I kind of take that as a little dishonest, since it artificially inflates the number of reviews a hotel gets.
That being said, the hotel was nice. The room was comfortable and clean. For me a drawback was that they did not offer complementary breakfast. They did have a restaurant that you could pay for your breakfast if you wanted to. I did have an issue with the desk clerk the morning I left. I asked him to update my rewards points information on my account and he told me that I would have to do that myself online. I told him that I thought that was odd since he had access to my account information on his computer. He then updated my information for me. He was pleasant, but lazy in the fact that he didn't want to type in my information.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, when surveys are completed by the brand we do offer the option to post your opinion on Trip Advisor as well, we truly value feedback to recognize staff and at the same time improve upon our services as well. Breakfast is an additional fee but it's a hot cooked to order breakfast. I'm disappointed that the front desk did not offer to immediately correct your address on your Hilton profile; I will speak to them personally as this is not the level of service our guests expect at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Close to airport - so easy to get to. I don't think they have a shuttle so you will need a car. Rooms were comfortable, staff at the front desk were pleasant. We had dinner there one night - I think they microwaved my cheese enchiladas. I needed to use a knife and saw on them to cut them! Other than that - coffee, wine, other was just fine. Good value and conveniently close to the airport for early morning flights.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kat S
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor, we truly value your feedback. We do offer 24 hour airport shuttle service so next time just give us a call and we will pick you up at the airport. In addition to the airport shuttle we do offer local transportation within a 5 mile radius for your convenience so you will not have a need to rent a car. Thank you for the restaurant feedback and my apologies for your displeasure with your entree, I have shared your comments with our chef and they will be used for our continuous improvement. We are hopeful you will return and during your next visit we will have our new menu in place for your dining pleasure. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Always stay at this hotel when departing the airport early or arriving at the airport late. This hotel is one of the better ones closely situated to the Tucson Airport. The Great American Grill has good food and priced reasonably. The staff are extremely helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

We are so glad you choose to stay with us when your travels take you out of Tucson, we are a quick 3 minute ride to the airport and do offer complimentary parking while your away on business or pleasure. Thank you for recognizing the staff and our restaurant, we do offer hot cooked to order breakfast, lunch during the week and dinner with room service daily. We are soon launching a new menu so next time you can try one of our new offerings. Thank you for your business. Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney General Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was VERY impressed with this hotel. I was there doing CO training for my job & I had an allergic reaction in the middle of the night. I called the front desk & they sent someone out at 1am to get me some benadryl & brought it to my room.. I figured it would cost me a fortune, but they only charged me for the medicine. They were wonderful about the whole situation. I am very grateful!

The only problem with this hotel is the restaurant left something to be desired & there was no continental breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review and recognizing our overnight staff. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guest needs and realize that our hotel is your home away from home, I'm very glad we were able to assist in helping you feel better, I'm hopeful the medicine worked its magic. The Hilton Garden Inn brand does offer hot cooked to order breakfast for a reasonable price and we do offer packages that include breakfast so for next time we can find the right package for you. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again real soon. Yours in Hospitality, Shawn Delaney