“good with some noise issues”

Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport
Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
St Paul, MN
“good with some noise issues”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

the positives: agree with others on the staff, rooms, lack of exterior noise, well equipped business center.
the negative: noise
-it seemed like there was no insulation anywhere inside the building. we heard noise from other rooms on our floor, in the hall and from the room above. Guests in the room above caused the floor to squeak when they walked around.
-the AC/heat unit was also fairly loud. more noticeable than in other hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Clean, well-kept facilities overall, with big city design... for better or worse.... For instance, two rolls of good quality toilet paper actually on two separate rollers, but, windows don't open. Nice bed, comfortable ergonomic chair for the desk, internet access that works really well, and overall well-appointed room. However, off smell in bathroom (i'm guessing this has to do with the stack/vent situation), loud heater/cooler, chemical fragrance in towels and linens (not everyone thinks cheap chemical fragrance [a.k.a. "dryer sheets"] is soothing). Things run a bit hot and cold here. Great Toto toilets, but a strangely cheap shower stall with a bottom that moves, creaks, and frankly, is a bit scary, and glass doors that don't fit and easily swing around in ways you wish they didn't.

One more thing... the gulag lighting. The lighting in the bathroom was positively yellow (a coloring designed to offset the truly hideous lighting and color that they are). They are using the new light bulbs and I despise them truly & deeply. They are a scourge; unhealthy, and overall poor lighting. Yes, I am aware that all are using these now, but I just have to say that they are completely unappreciated by this traveler.

The staff is very friendly, and did secure a room for me away from the elevator, which was very nice of them. :)

In essence, the actual building/facility decisions sketchy, but the general staff is quite nice; everything works, and if you need to be okay for business - this is a good place to be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Shawn D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your review, the staff and I value your feedback. I'm writing to let you know that we have solved the ventilation issue in the bathrooms, we did discover that the piping was misdirected in the attic and our Engineer has resolved the issue. We will look into the shower floor as it should not have any movement or noise. I understand the lighting in the bathroom is not vivid enough, we do utilize energy efficient bulbs as most hotels do, I will pass your comments along to the brand as they to value feedback like yours. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport as your destination of choice the next time your travels bring you into Tucson.

Yours in Hospitality,
Shawn Delaney, General Manager
Windsor, California
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here for a week on business, all staff is friendly, they really try hard. Small issues, no wake up call one day, no housekeeping one day, but generally friendly staff, who try hard to please. Rooms are very typical Hilton Garden Inn, but new and clean. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Recently, we had a perfect attendance luncheon for 70 people at the hotel. The location was picked because of proximity to work and because some of our staff, myself included, had eaten there before and liked the food. We had a southwest buffet that was excellent. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The facilities were clean and attractive and when we returned to work, i received kudos for picking the Hilton Garden Inn. Jan Harrison who worked with me to set this up was great. Will definitely go there again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review, our dedicated meeting staff and culinary team aim to please all of our guests and they truly appreciate the feedback. Thank you again for spreading the word, our reputation for meetings and hotel stays is what we depend on to remain one of the hospitality leaders in the Tucson airport market.

Yours in Hospitality,
Shawn Delaney, General Manager
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We used the Hilton Garden Inn for a business event. The staff was fantastic to work with and met all of our needs. They handled the reservations for 40+ people without a problem. Our thanks for helping make this a successful business event.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Albany, NY
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very clean and new hotel near the airport, but I didn't hear a single plane while I was there. The pool was nice after a 4 mile jog. Staff was very helpful and they had cookies at the front desk every night so you could have a late night snack before bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mequon, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

VERY conveniently located to/from the airport (barely had time to find a radio station in the rental car, and I was there). I believe they actually had an airport shuttle, which I might use if I need to stay again for work.

The hotel was so clean that it smelled very fresh even walking down the hall to my room. As a business traveler, I didn't make much use of the pool, but I walked around it and stuck my feet in the hot tub, which was nice, so I can see using it if circumstances were different; they have a lazy river as part of the pool, which I can see as being attractive for someone with kids. Our company negotiated that breakfast was included with our stay, but I think that at $9.95 (+ tip), it would still be worth it if I had had to pay.

My air conditioning unit was a bit noisy the first night, waking me up every time it automatically turned on, but I reported the issue at the front desk, and they said that someone would go check it out. I'm not sure that there was anything wrong with it to begin with (after all, hotel AC units are notoriously noisy, right?), but I appreciated that they listened to my feedback and planned action based on it.

One other note - the mattresses are "adjustable" via a dial on the side. I didn't care for it (when I had it set for "hard" it was too hard, and "soft" resulted in a gulley), but I can see that some people might appreciate that choice.

The only real downside for me was the location in relation to where I was working while in Arizona -- the drive to Green Valley (30 min+) was a little long. If this place was in Green Valley, that would make it even better for me and my coworkers!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business